Phase II starts in Australia

Discussion in 'Silver' started by intelligencer, Dec 21, 2010.

1. reflection

reflection New Member

Silver supply.

1900 - 2005
    [​IMG]
    http://www.goldsheetlinks.com/production3.htm

2000 - 2009
    Silver mine supply has increased between 2000 and 2009 every year except one. I am unable yet to find something covering 2010.
    http://www.silverinstitute.org/supply_demand.php#supply
    ETA: The charts and tables imply to me that investment is supporting silver prices, without that silver price would fall I assume.

Supply 2010 projected:
    See page 10
    http://ebookbrowse.com/cpm-group-silver-yearbook-presentation-may-2010-pdf-d27625413

Is silver getting rare?

2. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+2, this is what gets me. Theres just so much money out there. Whats $30 these day? Its bugger all money.

Even gold at $1300-$1400, thats not a lot of money. If we truly have that much supply and that silver is abundant as well at gold, we would of kept the gold backed currency.

The FED, JPM, HSBC, LBMA and Comex won't need to play these games with Gold and Silver. Gold and Silver will always be of value and worth something. I ain't going back to fiat if I don't have to. The only thing thats going to make me sell is when I can trade it for a property.

I don't think we are even near the top and still a fair way from it.

Just look around how much paper assets there are, tally up how much in fiat its worth. Then compare it with the physical PM's market. Until we see a collapse in these paper assets we can't be certain we are even near the peak of what PM's are worth relative to fiat.

Slam

3. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I tend to agree if this is all the legs it has then that was rather anti climatic ? Just a blip but a frustrating blip at the moment. Would have had an extra 5oz in the kitty had a purchased a few days later DOH... Sit back and watch the show now. It could be a bumpy one.

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

+3 im hopin it drops a bit more so i can own more. Im holdin off buyin for a few days although theres been a few bargains in the sellers threads that nearly got me active

5. reflection

reflection New Member

This shape looks familiar... LOL
    [​IMG]

6. Mud Gecko

Mud Gecko Active Member Silver Stacker

That's what I was thinking when I made the first graph, you can make it fit almost any time line, but when I made the first one I liked it best :D

7. reflection

reflection New Member

Maybe if it can be made to fit up or down it is useless as a guide. One difference between the Bull and Bear Trap is one is closer to the mean. But then how far back do you go for the mean?

8. Mud Gecko

Mud Gecko Active Member Silver Stacker

Yea I hear ya, The other thing I had considered is obviously it won't work over 24 hours or 3 days, but considering our ability to communicate world wide these days might make it possible in a month? A year?

It clearly doesn't work if you overlay 30 years worth of data, so I guess it's subjective to the individual.

9. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Daily Reckoning's Bill Bonner again:

Stocks were flat yesterday. Gold dropped $12.

Gold is dipping. How deep will the dip dip? We don't know. But people who try to time the gold market almost never do well. They get out to avoid the dips. Then, gold shoots up again. The speculators are out of luck. They can't bring themselves to buy back in at a higher price. So they miss the explosive final stage of the bull market.

What to do about it? Don't speculate. Buy gold as a way to save money. Then, think of it as you would a collectible...or an heirloom. Don't worry about the price. Just hold on. By 2015, you'll probably be able to use a few ounces to buy a new house.

But remember this: there will also be a time when it makes sense to sell gold. When you can buy all the Dow stocks for a single ounce of gold...it's time to get out of gold and back into stocks. Right now, the Dow is a little under 12,000. And an ounce of gold is only $1,335. Our guess is that the Dow will collapse to under 5,000...while the price of gold soars to over 4,000. Get ready!

When? Hey, you're asking too much from a free e-letter. Just stay tuned.

10. JulieW

So who would you go to with a few ounces of gold and say 'buy the Dow for me' ?

11. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Silver Stackers to sell the gold, Commsec to buy the ASX :p

Locally we should be looking at the Gold/ASX - I haven't plotted it for a while though.

12. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

You cant buy the Dow, but you can buy index funds that track the Dow. You'd need an international trading account set up in advance and buy when it was 1:1.

I wouldnt bother with it here. Owning foreign stocks (which I do) is a pain ita. The banks will take a cut of all your dividends as they are paid in USD. Unless you have a USD account somewhere this can get expensive.

Just buy Australian index funds that track the ASX index whn the time comes. Our market is correlated with the Dow so you'll do OK this way too.

13. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

whats happened with the silver spot this last trading session?
    why did it just bounce from the floor of $26-odd...??? what turned around so?
    i thought everyone thought BO did a passable SOTU address and theyre all happy?! or arent they? :D

14. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

so when gsr gets down to an acceptable level, swap into gold? or swap into a fund that tracks the asx? or swap into gold and wait for the gold/dow ratio to get favourable and THEN swap into a fund that tracks the asx?????

winning powerball tonight sounds so much simpler....

15. JulieW

So you convert PMs to fiat and use the fiat to buy the ASX via commsec or similar yes?

I was hoping there would be an enterprising group who would take the bullion as a direct trade for the ASX purchases.

Oh well. Back to the learning curve.

16. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Yes.

Unfortunately there's no stock exchanges that denominate stocks in precious metals :)

17. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

Hobo-jo im not being cheeky here but will you be giving us all a prior warning as to when the bubbles about to burst with the metals?

I just cant fathom selling my metals in exchange for all this fiat? If we get rampant inflation then we will just be holding paper with more value.

If housing and land is depressed by this stage then im more than happy to move some profits into this area.

18. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

I'll probably end up keeping most of my gold and silver by simply buying put options on SLV and GLD when I think the drop is near.

That way I get the profit, and keep my collections.

19. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

That sounds intelligent.

Have to pull out the old books and re-learn the put options.

20. spclst69

spclst69 Member

Simce we're talking about getting out, GP do you have a big SHTF button that destroys any existence of SS. :)