Perth Mint what a crock!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lovey80, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

With regards to ID at the counter, I can only comment on my and what I noticed with a few people. Mine was not a large purchase by any standard 1 roll and 1 oz, I paid a mix of cash and EFTPOS, while they did not ask for any details I noticed that the nice lady who served me, did enter my name from my card details onto something on the computer. I also noticed the stacker next to me was asked for their Surname and initial ? I also took my mate in later in the day as he wanted some and I was curious how the line was etc... He paid cash for 1 x Roll and was asked for his drivers license details ?

So this seems to be a little confusing, what is the actual stance and what do they do with quite a lot of details and in other cases very minimal. If I had paid by cash only I could have just said J. Smith if I wanted to ? While I am not one to have an issue with this I do not like different standards and why this was needed, who become judge and jury or was it just because my mate looked a bit dodgy, tats and all ?

In saying this I have no complaints as I was able to secure some for myself, and I totally understand peoples frustrations and dissatasfaction at missing out, I know I have experienced similar things while not with the mint, as I am lucky to be able to walk in. However I would like the ID requirements to be clear for everyone. BTW other times I have paid cash for small deals less - $1k and never been asked for details and other times a few hundred dollars and have to provide a name etc...

Consistency and clarity is what is required.

2. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

skimpies

3. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

I agree with the lack of consistency and clarity.

In person, I went through the procedure of choosing what I wanted to buy (less than $5,000.00) and then when it came to paying I was told that I was not able to buy over $1.000.00 with credit card. (even with ID on me and prepared to pay 3% extra purchase fees ).
    This I don't understand but would like to !

4. Guest

Guest Guest

That must have been annoying.. The Perth mint state they do this to stop fraud.