Perth mint job

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Willow, May 19, 2012.

1. Willow

Willow New Member

This may or may not be well known but i have recieved an advertisement for a job at the Perth Mint refinery. I will put the link and a copy of the ad here. If you are in perth and interested it would certanly line up your PM interest with your work life.

http://www.seek.com.au/job/22314135?cid=jobmail

Refinery Process Operators & Dispatch Room Operators

The Perth Mint is Australia's major Gold Refiner. The Refinery is located close to the Perth International Airport and is one of the highest throughput gold refineries in the world and also refines considerable quantities of silver.

The Refinery is a registered mine site with a strong focus on occupational health & safety in the workplace. It is a smoke free work site and random drug and alcohol screening is conducted on a regular basis.

The following vacancies have arisen in the Production area.

REFINERY PROCESS OPERATORS

Several positions are available in the production team working in the Melthouse and Wet Chemical areas.

Reporting to the Production Supervisors, your duties include the melting and pouring of molten metal as well as both the pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical refining of gold and silver.

You are required to have a sound level of both written and verbal communication skills, an ability to follow set procedures, demonstrate flexibility and initiative and work safely in a team environment.

Applicants need not have experience in a foundry/mining background however those who do are encouraged to apply.

RECEIPTS / DISPATCH ROOM OPERATORS

Several positions are available in the production team working in the Metal Receipts and Dispatch Room.

Reporting to the Production Supervisors, your duties include the receipt and dispatch of incoming and outgoing customer deliveries and the collation and retrieval of refinery data using computer based accounting systems.

You are required to have a high level of both written and verbal communication skills, be computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, work accurately and quickly and have the ability to perform under pressure as part of a close knit team.

Applicants shall ideally have a background in data management and/or bookkeeping.

The successful applicants will need to be a permanent resident and hold a current police clearance. Applicants should have their own reliable transport as public transport does not service the area regularly.

I have no interest in the job being filled. I only post it as you all may like the chance at it.

Regards,
    Willow

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm looking for something new .thanks

3. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

you wont pass the criminal check :lol:

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

BS :mad: :mad:

I've passed 4-5 in the last 12 years :D
    And I've been thinking about getting a tow truck license ,which requires a national fingerprint check ;)