ONE WORLD 10 DIRHAM meaning?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by JM, Sep 5, 2012.

1. JM

JM New Member

I browsed through Royal Silver website, and I found this DIRHAM coin. I am just wondering, which country's DIRHAM is it?

I seldom see mint produce DIRHAM, especially .99999 purity. But I also know Royal Silver good in delayed delivery, should I make it as collection?

2. Emanance

Emanance Guest

3. JM

JM New Member

I searched and found a company selling similar design but DIRHAM 2012.

I asked their people regarding Royal Silver and "are they reseller"? They said, it is impossible for other people selling the DIRHAM with the same design as theirs, because the design is solely their well-known designer creative art, and the designer only authorized their company to sell DIRHAM with his design.

I admire the .99999, but if the design having argument, its value will drop as well. Any person know the head and tail of this coin? Just afraid I make the order and collect the wrong coin.

4. Emanance

Emanance Guest

5. JM

JM New Member

I have PM her.

I hope somebody can clarify this issue here, I do not like to buy coin, which seems "not so right".

6. revlisify

revlisify Member Silver Stacker

JM, be very specific here. Did you see the "same" design or "similar" design? Would be best if you could shed some light to the company who provides dirham 2012.

In short, the dirham and dinar coins have been the currency of the Islamic world for thousands of years. The designs has been similar throughout, displaying similar and some of the most explicit form of art. The last I can recall, the RSC dirham coins were commissioned coins minted with designs directly from "authorized" source.

Will post more info here when I get the chance.

Regards,

Revlisify

7. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

8. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I will try to find the history of RSC and the 2011 10 Dirham and the 2012 10 Dirham

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1115_dsc00354-001.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1115_dsc00353.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

9. JM

JM New Member

revlisify, the design of Dirham could be near to similar.
    As I know so far, Dirham design could not be the same unless it is coming from the same source.
    Just make it as example, Malay Keris Dirham (not so famous) would never get the same design as 10 Dirham, or Arab Dirham releases also has no design same as 10 Dirham. Dirham design may contains some good words of Al-Quran, but it could not make Dirham the same design too.

It is ok, we let Maggie figure out the history.

10. JM

JM New Member

11. steve.rsa

steve.rsa Member Silver Stacker

12. revlisify

My assumption here is both coins would probably be minted by RSC.

SGNet is an official distributor for RSC in Singapore.

On google, both designs were credited to the artist Rudy Adnas.

JM, would you be able to refer us to the company/website selling Dirham 2012?

http://dirhamhowze.com/buy/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49
    This is one of the link relating Dirham 2012, Rudy Adnas and RSC.

13. JM

JM New Member

14. revlisify

JM, I know where you confusion lies now.

If you have been following the PM market long enough, you'll see that RSC mint products for specific customers (in addition to the rounds they mint).
    Some of these products are not released to public from the very beginning. In some cases, RSC members get privileged but limited early purchase.

In fact, the 2011 Dirham, which was launched last year, was barely made available to the public only much later.

Under the same conditions, you probably wouldn't find the "Leoncito silver rounds" made by them on online store. (You can try getting them from Maggie)

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...cp.r_qf.&fp=e89edb57ec3477f4&biw=1920&bih=955

Could you let us know which is the company you were referring to, selling Dirham 2012 and doesn't know about RSC?

15. JM

JM New Member

revlisify, your statement looks right.

It could be RSC mint products for specific customers, in such a case, product minted usually is limited mintage. Refer to my link, it showed the coins no longer minted by anybody. Further more DIRHAM 2012 seems like not RSC product, however I am not sure.

I do not know what is the procedure of limited mintage, as my intention is finding the limited mintage but new release coin.

If such a business problem occur, somebody may need to answer what's wrong.... or else everybody also can use design of anybody to produce coin, and then what's the value of a coin?

revlisify, if I purchase now coin with different 2 company, except the basic silver value, what is so special of my coins?

Also, if somebody duplicate "Leoncito silver rounds", would it have the same value as authorized party "Leoncito silver rounds"?

16. JM

JM New Member

I would rather would like to hear Maggie or RSC clarification.... I believe none of the coin collector would like this issue to happen.

17. revlisify

I guess you are right. There are certainly clarifications that needs to be done.

MY Net is the official rep of SG Net, who is an official RSC distributor. In this case, is MY Net inferring to RSC in their statements? or was it someone else?

This is a post from RSC CEO on SS forums with regards to the 10 Dirham (dated 4 Nov 2011)
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-13863-royal-silver-company-new-coin-page-2.html

To quote him
    Given the recent rife with RSC, I'll agree with you. Exercise caution and due diligence.

Regards,

Kenneth

18. MasterID

MasterID Member

I read of something about SGNet commissioned RSC to make those 2011 coins for Malaysia. And RSC are not supposed to sell them as it infringed some agreement.

2012 could be a design of RSC. Not sure.

There is a Malaysia flag in the '1' 2011 coin. Malaysia CIMB (bank) is selling them through their website.

19. JM

JM New Member

Now I only realize, the 2011 coin having the slogan of SGNET....

20. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

But what about the 2011 being .99999 and the 2012 only being .999????