OMG is it just me?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Guest, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The number of irrelevant,supposition,inaccurate based articles by Gold and Silver commentators on where Gold and Silver is headed is like reading Star signs every day.
    What truly amazes me, is most of them waffle on without actually saying anything at all.
    My 13 year old could make the same observations.The only difference is he doesn't get paid for his opinions.
    Does anyone seriously follow any of these commentators Verbatim or just take them with a grain of Salt.
    I defiantly subscribe to the latter. :rolleyes:

REDBACK

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I just take snippets from everyone including redback

3. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

There all shit and not accurate did I mention they were shit.
    I posted low $30 silver and high $1600 gold and did I mention I am shit?

We ALL know it's long term so buy now and hold long ( man that was easy. Your can subscribe to my website www.mygutgoldandsilver.com )
    A special offer of $350 a yr gets you one pro diction a week from my gut who has made a living from digesting thing from silver and gold.

4. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Or say something but with the caveat "if I am wrong - it was manipulated"

5. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

No, it's not just you. The number of sensationalist BS articles on Gold and Silver is definitely increasing.
    It reminds me of what the computer "Deep Thought" said to the prophets in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"....
    "And so long as you can keep wildly disagreeing with each other and slinging each other off in the popular press, you can be on the gravy train for life!"

As Isaac Newton stated, "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men."

Wish I could get paid for my opinions, I have a few about the US treasury.... :D

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I especially love some of the Kitco commentators,the words could, might,possibly,should have been given a hammering lol

7. Philski

Philski Member

I read one today "a load of rubbish" telling me how this isn't happening, and i thought.. well, if they really have their finger on the pulse. "or, some place else" Why on earth tell me about it? and why not go out and make some serious money instead of wasting precious time writing about it and putting a 12 min video on youtube..?

just my thoughts, and i dont read them often.

8. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Read the newspapers and be misinformed?
    Watch MSM and also be misinformed?

Fortunately for me, I do neither.

9. TheBullionBoss

TheBullionBoss Member

I ussualy only listen to three peoples opinions and make my decsions based pb their thoughts.....they are not highly paid economists or commentators they are me myself and I

10. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Few mainstream brokers and 'experts' make specific predictions because if they're wrong often enough they lose credibility. By making very general statements, they continue to give the appearance they know WTF they're talking about.

11. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

I try to get some info on here, but everything is contradictory. A lot of it is going with gut and not trying to make a quick buck. The longer the term the investment, the more minimized the risk. Ie if it takes another 2 years to get back up to close to $50 an oz Ag, than so be it. Mainstream commentators are as contradictory as us on SS. If you aren't putting all your life's value in your physical wealth, you don't have to worry too much if the shtf.

12. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

I try to get some info on here, but everything is contradictory. A lot of it is going with gut and not trying to make a quick buck. The longer the term the investment, the more minimized the risk. Ie if it takes another 2 years to get back up to close to $50 an oz Ag, than so be it. Mainstream commentators are as contradictory as us on SS. If you aren't putting all your life's value in your physical wealth, you don't have to worry too much if the shtf.

13. stinkypete

stinkypete Member

+1