No BU Silver Dragons Available Till Jan 2012 (1/2, 2 oz and 5 oz)

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by silverlover, Nov 1, 2011.

1. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

So ... It has now been 5 months since the Perth Mint suspended orders for these 1/2oz, 2oz and 5oz.

January has come and gone.

As a hedge against if/when they decide to start taking orders again, for those collectors among us, I would be looking to lock some in now with people who have stock.

2. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Does anyone think the Perth mint is just waiting until silver prices increase to release more dragons and the capacity jargon is just a load of crap? Do they actually have a bunch sitting waiting for spot to go up since I think like most governmint owned mints they have a fixed percentage they can charge on bullion coins? It will be interesting to see if silver prices go up to say $36-$40 they magickly start minting dragons again. I would like to get others insight and opinions on this . I am not just trying to bash the Perth mint I love many of their products they just seem to have a strange way of doing business. I.E. when spot price goes up they raise prices on nuministic items and when it goes down for 6-8 months they stay the same.