Newman on the nose already.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Eureka Moments, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Doesn't take long.

http://www.theage.com.au/queensland/newman-takes-cabinet-underground-20120827-24v0f.html

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

yeh the voters have sh1t4brains if the latest polls are anything to go by ... Labor is going up in popularity again. how short sighted and plain stupid the sheeple are.

i applaud the shedding of government jobs!
    all i hear is "services will take a hit".
    what a croc! Less govenment employees means not so many parasites to feed off my hard earned money!!

3. Eureka Moments

Deliberate or freudian slip? :)

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He could take Labor's approach and instead of doing what is necessary to keep the state solvent he could just pretend everything is fine and let things fall apart in a few years. We done to him for doing the responsible thing.

5. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If he wants to keep his job he better start giving out free money to people on some pretext or other. What sort of politician bites the hand that feeds? Good luck to him.

6. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

i hope this leads to more support for Bob Katter party , Katter is a great bloke

7. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

.... to forget to pickup on a long road trip

8. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

no chance....whos going to take him out? No one likes job cuts, its either that or we start selling off QLD's assets again. I will take the job cuts.

9. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

People are always upset after being kicked off the gravy train... just wish the pollies would kick themselves of the $300k+ tax funded gravy lined fun ride they are on

10. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

He is doing what needs to be done.

11. Eureka Moments

In Vic we have Big Ted slicing and dicing his way through govt spending. Heaps of cutbacks and job shedding.

We dont have to worry about Asset sales, been there done that. Jeff Kennett was best at it, but labor collectively as bad. It even coined a term..."being Jeffed".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Kennett

Lots of similarities here with Mr Newman.

If he runs to the Kennett script the jobs and services go first, then the asset sales will happen.

So will Queenslanders be "Campbelled" or "Newmaned"? :D

12. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bugger all assets left to sell really, Airports gone, QR freight gone, Ports gone. It's the same old story of Labor running up debt and selling off what public assets they can after running them into the ground along with trying to shore up support with a top heavy bureaucracy. Now that reality sets in the pigs at the trough squeal with disdain with a sense of entitlement and the leeches spew mucous as the salt is applied. Quite amusing the irony of seeing the Union adds on telly screaming about Newman while gaily spending their members money on advertising.

They are doing what they promised to do, cut the fat and try and return Queensland to a surplus after how many years of living on credit and off the teat of the taxpayers.

Go hard I say.

13. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Qld Politicians are like Qld Bananas..They go in green, turn yellow and finish up rotten.

A little bit of cyclonic wind and they all get blown away!

Is Campbell Newman going to be a Prima Donna now that he goes to ballet school? :(

Regards Errol 43

14. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I doubt you would find green in Newmans previous repertoire errol and the yellow is sadly lacking for the pigs in the trough so far. I know you paint all pollies with the same brush M8 no matter what their colour but you must admit he is only doing what he said he would if elected. Cutting away the dead wood and being realistic about expenditure . Supplementing female prisoners just because they are female is not really a priority when it comes to people who pay the taxes having to suffer as a result is it ?

15. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

SC. old mate. I remember his mother who was Minister for communications in a previous federal government..She was green and yellow behind the ears when she made the statement in Federal Parliament that online gambling would not flourish in the Pacific Islands because punters would not be able to afford the phone call charges on the internet. Hope that Campbell Newman is smarter than his mother!

He has already lost a lost support around Bundaberg by axing the new hospital that has been promised for years and several people I know have lost their jobs as school cleaners..Even Clive Palmer is staring to put the boot in, because Newman can do but can't listen. He is more of a show pony than a doer. Nothing wrong with Gladstone Harbour, well lets see him eat some fish caught there.

Regards Errol 43

16. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Thats the problem with the Australian public. They have been promised a new hospital for years from quite possibly the worst government in Australian history (state). Yet they know for a fact that there is no money for the hospital, and that is precisely one of the main reasons they got rid of Bligh in the first place. It's a miniature version of Greece, we lived on a credit card for far too long and now the sheeple expect we can sort this crap out without any pain. They want the disease fixed but refuse to take the medicine.

LNP promised no forced redundancies in the public service. I don't give a shit what the Costello report says, If there are forced redundancies to permanent staff to make up his 10% of the public service expenditure cuts then he bloody well better cut every politician pay by 20% at the same time or he will lose my vote.

Newman and the LNP listened before the election and ran on a platform. Won in a historic landslide, IS IMPLEMENTING that platform and people are whinging.

FFS I give up.

17. sai

sai New Member

i think its a bit unfair that people blame campbell, its like criticizing a skunk because it smells like shit. I agree with Lovey80, Campbell didnt shed 20,000 jobs, put mining development inside the great barrier reef or tone down marriage equality, its the individuals who vote for them and those individuals are too blame. Also comparing QLDs debt (after 5 years of natural disasters) to Greece is pretty naive although after 20,000 job cuts we might look similar in terms of unemployment levels, winning.

18. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

QLD is getting a good Newmaning right now. About time too.

19. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I wasn't comparing the debt to Greece, I was comparing the reaction of some of the former Labor supporters to the Austerity measures to those of Greece. It's like talking to an imbecile, on one hand they will concede 100% that cuts have to be made because the debt and defecit needs addressing but cry because addressing those things mean tough consequences for those on the gravy train.

20. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Newman is ex military and a Civil Engineer. If you need a problem solved correctly, give it to an engineer. They know how to solve problems logically, it's what they are trained for. He is doing what is necessary to clean up the mess left by a bunch of incompetent, corrupt unionist Labor thugs who have never had a job outside politics and who treated the state as their own gravy train.