My postal delivery man/woman forged my signiture

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSanchez, Jul 31, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I had a delivery scheduled to be delivered to day, I was not home

Came home and the package was sitting next to my front door

clearly saying

Delivery Instructions: DO NOT SAFE DROP

and

SIGNATURE REQUIRED ON DELIVERY

- I recieved an email stating my parcel had be 'delivered' which means ther deliverer forged my signature and disobeyed all instruction on the package (which is why I paid the extra postage!)

Has this happneed to anyone else? How can I get this delivery guy fired for fraud?

2. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

yup it happened to me a few times, i did not care as long as I get my items.

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's a bit extreme isn't it? He didn't necessarily forge your signature; might have just processed the item as if it had been signed for. They cut corners sometimes - I had one who asked me if I minded if he left the parcel if no one was home; I had to say no. Then one time I had a very small delay getting to the door and he was already back at his van and ready to head off without delivering. We don't know what their cut is - each minute is costing them and we only pay 14 - 18 bucks an item.

4. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

I have to tell you i have the exact same experience as you. I have to tell you the tracking system tends to give incorrect information. But i eventually get it back.Just need alot of follow up.

5. Jing

Jing Member Silver Stacker

agree with sanchez... what's the point of paying extra for signature if they aren't going to enforce it?

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Yup, they charge extra for the service delivered lesser service and pocketed the difference... that's theft

7. spdz

spdz New Member

Happens 24/7 in transport industry. Being paid approx $3 for the delivery means it 'isnt worth' coming back a 2nd time. AusPost is good - they come past every day :)

Can you "name names" in regards to the delivery company? PM me if you like.

8. finicky

The point is:

1/ 90% of the time or whatever you do get to sign for the item (100% in my case, and I've taken a lot of deliveries from Australia Post, but admittedly I'm home a lot).

2/ In the unlikely event that the delivery contractor acts as if it has been signed for and the receiver does not get the item (through theft or other) then the receiver has recourse. He can show that he has not signed for it and will presumably be due for some restitution.

Maybe you all would like to pay 20 or 30 bucks for stringently signed delivery protocol.

9. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Was it still there?, Im sure you could kick some butt if the item was taken and they had forged your signiture.. for that alone is a very serious offence.

I actaully prefer this then having to waste my time in line at Australia post and have the phat lady sigh at me as i make her walk to get my package.. 1000 apologies for making you get up... the staff who work at Australia post seem miserable and certainly make me do everything i can to NOT choose registered... PLUS the time taken to go to the post office, plus waiting in line, plus the extra cost.. has anyone ever claimed on silver through regsitered anyway?

1for1

10. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Or maybe they could just drop them all off without bothering to ask for a signature and save heaps of time and money... then they could reduce the cost of "Signed delivery" to exactly that of non signed delivery. Or maybe just leave them all at the post office as delivering a package to everyone costs money. WTF

11. finicky

Yeah why not? Let's all just relax a little.

12. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Imagine McDonalds selling a big mac but only putting a big mac in 90% of the wrappers they hand out because, "Putting burgers in 100% of the wrappers would mean we would need to charge more for a big mac?!!"

13. spdz

spdz New Member

[​IMG]

The counterpoint of this is the fact that he received the goods - so there's not much chance of having anything done about it.
    When mail/freight gets stolen by contractors, it's rarely signed for.

14. finicky

Yeah well no, you get to go to the counter and say there's no big Mac in my wrapper and I'd like one please and they give it to you.

QED

15. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I got annoyed with our postie throwing things over the fence (our dog didn't like him). So I got a PO Box. It's a lot more secure, and you have the benefit of a lot of witnesses if you receive the package tampered/damaged/items missing. You also don't need to give out your home address anymore.

16. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

One downside being some bullion dealers or companies don't ship to PO boxes.

17. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Oh no we did not sell you a Big Mac... we sold you a chance that you'd get a signature :|

18. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've never come across that. I've only had one ebay seller (of car parts) who didn't want to ship to a PO Box, but after a short chat they shipped.

The only logical reason I can think of why they wouldn't ship is if you payed using a credit card they may think it's a scam. I'd suggest calling them to discuss. Maybe offer to pay by a cash bank deposit or send them ID if they're concerned with fraud.

19. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yum... I love big macs. :)

20. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member Silver Stacker

Fix for that, deal only with those who will, occasionally when I want something desperately enough, and they do not do PO deliveries I get them to ship it to my grandparents, they are home 90% of the time, so long as I am not in a hurry for it its all OK