Miners

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by RetardedMonkey, Mar 8, 2014.

1. ninteno

ninteno Member

I found all i need to setup my gpu here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416572

2. silvertorrent

silvertorrent New Member

Well that's obvious :)

On the crypto front I'm doing Copperlark (CLR) given the lower heat output on my GPUs, that is when I'm not mining old PCs (scrapping) and procrastinating on the purchase of a GPX5000 (nice detector but the price really puts me off :( )

3. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Get a second hand GPX4000. You should get a decent setup with extra coils etc for around $3500. Got several mates using these successfully. I had one until it got stolen last year.

Now have a 5000 and mates using 4000s still finding more than me. :(

4. silvertorrent

silvertorrent New Member

I'm rather hesitant about buying things second hand since they don't come with much of a warranty compared to new store bought products, just means I'll have to redouble my efforts on mining old computers for gold before I move up the hobbyist mining career ladder to the good stuff in the bush (private property in good hands until then :) ).

5. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dealers give 3 month warranty on all second hand units. If you buy privately you can send the control box to Minelab in Adelaide for a full once over and service. I have one mate who bought his from ebay about 3 1/2 years ago. He has found around 10 000 (not a typo) small nuggets. Battery still gives 8 hours operation despite being recharged at least 500 times. He has had it serviced once for about $125. All up he has found about 30oz.

The 5000 is basically the same machine with more preset functions. It will not detect any deeper or operate with any more sensitivity.

6. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

With regards to my previous comment; the current block reward of 25 coins will be good for another two years, and three odd months, which means roughly 1.3 million coins a year, which is about a 10% inflation rate (for the next to yearss)and velocity is also increasing with more and more merchants accepting it.

7. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm dismantling my mining rig now.

Won't be feasible in the unit I am moving into. Not to mention recent price drops.

8. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

if youre paying over 0.25c per kw its now cheaper to just buy rather than mine, has been since the crash.