Lightbulb moment for a newbie

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by bushfaery, May 4, 2011.

1. bushfaery

bushfaery New Member

My main interest is in food production, local and global.

I just read this really interesting article that is starting to tie my interest in food to my interest in silver.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/04/27/how_goldman_sachs_created_the_food_crisis?page=0,0
    source: foreignpolicy.com (via Food Sovereignty Tours Facebook page)

What is really weird, is that moments before I checked my Facebook feed, I had just been reading this on zerohedge: http://www.zerohedge.com/article/lucas-van-praag-dont-blame-goldman-food-crisis-blame-middle-class. I mean, I'm not a frequent reader of zerohedge, so it was an odd coincidence for me.

When I read the zerohedge post, it really went through to the keeper, then -- lo and behold -- up comes a link to the article it referred to, through a different source, and suddenly... I get it.

Talk about money and precious metals, I struggle. Put it in the context of food, it becomes clear!

What I'd like to hear from other stackers is how close (or not) you think the parallels are between food and silver, based on the foreignpolicy.com article?

2. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

US FED prints the money. Investment banks borrow at zero % interest and invest in anything that is going to appreciate in value, while supporting the fiat currency regime. This includes food and energy which is driving the inflation in those commoditiy groups around the world.

Others seeing this, move their savings into precious metals to protect their purchasing power against the rising inflation around the world and the corrupt antics of the central bank money printers and their cronies.

This cronyism of privelege bankers borrowing for 0% interest (or anything lower than other commercial rates) from the central banks is where the idea of a Banking Cartel is spawned.

The Banking Cartel, must preserve its power and privelege and it does so by attacking anything that undermines the value of the money they get (or make) from nothing. Hence you see them apply their power (fiat money) against the Precious Metals by purchasing large volumes of Put Contracts (a bet that the value of the commodity will drop) to manipulate the price of PMs downward. That they buy, sell and manufacture these derivatives shows how fraudulent the whole market is.

The only truth in the PM markets is in physical metal. The connection between rising food and energy inflation on the one hand and suppression of PM values is the so called banking cartel.