Just purchased 1800 ounces of kook's...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by pdkbffwleo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I measure it that way too. But seeing as my silver won't buy me much now I'd rather wait until it goes up so my oz wil buy more, hence I will be realising a gain and the hypothetical loss I have now will mean nothing.

2. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mmmmmmm. are you sure it's hypothetical? You said it yourself.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

It won't buy me much now, that's a fact.

Anyway I see where your coming from. Just differing opinions on what realising a loss means.

4. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

Strawman argument.

5. wrcmad

Of course it is.
    The response that an argument is "strawman" is usually the last line of defence in these discussions.

6. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It should go up. But I will be an old man If I ever do see this scenario play out ready for retirement ( I am in ly late 20's now )

7. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I said its a posibility I dont think it is likely to happen anytime soon ( hyper inflation in the usa ) nor do I think they will default in my life time. I believe the current status quo can continue for a very very very long time. Considering all major economies around the world are currently pinting money at a great rate of knots the printing the usa is doing does not have that much of an effect reletive to what the others (japan, china, ECB) are doing.

8. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would have to agree with Trichter that deflation is the biggest concern. Court Jester, if you don't think the US Printing money in comparison to Japan ECB - China are doing has much of an effect, watch what happens when they start winding it back. Even the very mention of gradually winding back the $85Bln a month from Bernanke shows just how schizo the global markets are. The US can't print its way out of this mess. All they are doing is stalling for time. Time is what they are short of.

9. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

This whole filling every thread with the same debate about is there actually a loss is getting VERY tiring...

Two sides, different opinions, we get it.

And a third side who sit outside of the debate, eyes rolling into the back of their heads, bored senseless as we can see what both sides are saying and have to watch the argument go around in circles again and again...

Enough!

10. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Thank you. You're correct. I tripled my stack with this purchase, and lowered my average to a point I'm comfortable with.I simply need silver to reach $25 to break even,a nd I'm comfortable with that.

If it drops to $17, I'll go one last purchase of 1000oz, maybe a bar...and I'll be closer to $23.

I'm in it long term...minimal of 5 years, as I have other assets to liquidate before I ever take a loss on these.

11. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Yes, you are correct. I have.

And, I don't care.

12. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Agreed. Now that we can confirm I lost just over $3k...we can move on to something else.

LIke, purchase more, so I can lose $3k more? ;-)

13. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You've lost nothing unless you sell it today!

Otherwise its just money wealth in the safest bank there is :cool:

14. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Yes! precisely! The price over spot was undeniably a great price. I use texmetals.com, ordered from them in the past. I called them, and they had 180 Kook's left. I bought them. Free shipping. I'll post some pics, because I don't give a $hit about someone "tracking my IP" because I use a government computer who IP is the same as about 2000 other people. In addition, I LOVE the Kook's. I think that 10oz coin in my hand brings me pleasure. What else am I goign to buy? LIke, when I purchased a pre-owned Rolex, Day/date, 18k white gold for $12,200. I enjoyed that watch for two years, sold it for $14,500. I was literally paid over $2000 to wear a very heavy and exclusive watch. I'm not rich, by any stretch, and I have three boys...two of which are in college. But, instead of sitting around trying to track the bottom, I made a rather considerable purchase of this beautiful coin.

Am I happy spot went down over $2 an ounce? Of course not. Did I plan on selling these the day I got them? Nope. I personally would rather have PM's instead.

So, Yes...I've lost some money over the past few days. My car also depreciated $300 last month. I just don't sit around tracking my losses. When I NEED to sell, then I'll know precisely what I've lost, what I've gained. Until then, I'll play with my coins...create milk spots...don't give a $hit...but, at least I'm doing something. I guess I could just sit back, analyze every person's purchase, remind them of their losses while drinking mountain dew's and eating taco bell from the comfort of my iphone.

I love this site. Very informative. Some of you guys are pessimistic, some optimistic....and the real tone is probably somewhere in the middle. I personally like the differences, as it keeps me grounded...informed...and makes me say "hmmmm?"

15. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

You never know it could bounce back to 23-25 in no time.

16. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Yep - great avatar :D

17. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

It is, isn't it? ;-)

18. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Haha. I love your reply pdkbffwleo. :) and I think the people who tend to highlight the fact that you have 'lost' money are the ones who do not have sufficient capital for this kind of large purchase. I personally think you have made a good investment. But only time will tell.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey pdkbffwleo, you made a great purchase. Silver at these levels has very minimal downside risk compared to its potential up side. Well done with the kooks, well bought.

20. wrcmad

:lol:

[​IMG]