Jim Sinclair gives dates

Discussion in 'Gold' started by JulieW, Feb 28, 2013.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

jsmineset.com

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jeeez what is it with these guys and their dates?
    Dunno why they keep on putting dates down on the calendar and of course being continuously wrong!

Well, interesting nevertheless, thanks!

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Trying to manipulate the market :)

5. JulieW

I follow Jim Sinclair with interest because of his history and his reading of the last bull market. He also shows an anger about the manipulation of markets which he clearly explains in his columns. As far as picking dates I don't know but his explanations regarding movements in the market are always fascinating to read.

6. menotcrimex

menotcrimex Member Silver Stacker

2 days later on march 29th, my birthday I will be eating cake and Jim will
    Be eating humble pie lol what do I know he could be right, let's hope so (-;

7. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Sorry but can anyone explained to me what this sequester is please? I read the definition but still not too sure what it is here

8. House

Simply cutting spending money (sequester it) before spending it on anything else. It's about $1trillion worth of cuts over the next decade and the defense department will take a massive hit so there's a big hullabaloo about it as the bigs boys won't get all the big toys they want. Well thats my understanding of the basics of it.

'A sequestration is the employment of automatic, across-the-board spending cuts in the face of annual budget deficits. Sequestration entails the permanent cancellation of budgetary resources by a uniform percentage. Moreover, this uniform percentage reduction is applied to all programs, projects, and activities within a budget account.'

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2...quester-video/2012/07/17/gJQAnZXvrW_blog.html

9. Director

Director Member

Yeah, what he said..with extra pie charts. :)

http://www.businessinsider.com/sequ...california-virginia-defense-texas-2013-2?op=1

Of course the elephant in the room is the U.S. military budget, maybe of their cur their occupation forces in half and only had bases in 75 countries instead of 150 and maybe if they stopped their wars of imperialism in the middle east they might be able to afford to rebuild the homeland? Just a thought. :)

10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Emotional investment often taints objectivity and clouds opinion.

11. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks guys

12. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Jesus said that "No man knoweth the hour or day"

And if it came between Jim Sinclair and Jesus .... I'm picking Jesus

(Ps the quote from the KJV Gospel of Mark, above was intentionally quoted out of context)
    Jesus does not reveal the date of the gold break out.... be he does have advice for those who suspect that their gold will save them

"Revelation 3:18
    I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see."

Jim Sinclair is a follower of 'Svami' a Hindu Yogi whom I suspect is giving him information - but I would avoid Yogi's or any other guide who will claim to grant you earthly riches.

For what profit is there if you forfeit your soul... Jim S. I pray you seek the gold refined in the fire, and eye salve so you can see.

13. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

:|

14. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

:( :eek:

15. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

In 1983 after Jim called the top of the Bull market in gold he was depressed and he responded to an invitation to Swami and rejected his Catholic background.

Its not him I dont trust - its his yogi I dont trust.
    He has been wrong a number of times in the past 12 months and he keeps blaming it on manipulation - I dont think thats a valid excuse - its more like Harrold Camping now than the Jim Sinclaire of old.

Also I reject Cultural Marxism, I hope everyone is ok with that.

16. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

They are almost always wrong with dates. Because there are so many other factors... like new events "popping up".

From what I've been researching, gold is more likely to dip further. Even crash...

17. House

Less ambiguity, more explanation!

18. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

never met a pro that wasted time predicting prices.

You just gear yourself to profit either way. Sideways is the real worry.

It has been demonstrated you can have as much success guessing prices by flipping coins than TA.

Sinclair is just trying to stop people from selling their gold. He knows that they're all wired like Pavlov dogs to the price action.

He doesn't get that you can't help people if they won't help themselves.

But the fact is, just from his background, he's got more credibility than ALL the other gold analyst put together, except Russell.

19. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

There are more forces pulling gold down than forces pushing it up.

Why I think gold could go further down:

1. The Fed might shrink the next QE (decision might be taken in March), that would have a major impact on the dollar's strength
    2. Bullion buyers (not states, but people, firms) bought less in 2012 than during many of the years prior that... Gold demand decline (except ETFs, state-bought gold bars...)
    3. Something worse will happen in the eurozone (just be up-to-date with the EU-related news...) and that will boost the dollar a bit
    4. Japan, EU, UK have been doing plenty of monetary easing during the past years, months, this means that they are also weakening their currencies >>> the dollar might artificially seem stronger in comparison with its rivals!
    5. Gold is already too expensive for the small investors... they don't have appetite for it
    6. I sense a loss of confidence in gold - just watch the news, blogs, opinions
    7. Many are actually waiting for cheaper gold to buy up and anxiously looking at the signs of the next dip
    8. States, financial entities would love to see cheaper gold prices: they too could buy up a lot more
    9. The previously strong gold bull-pushing factors have dampened (Middle East conflict risk lower, QE over, US election craze over...)... so a lot of those forces giving strength to gold have weakened

etc. etc.

I think the 2 main things we should be watching are:
    *the euro crisis - particularly the Germany elections (September) are important - we have to see what "Europe's growth engine" will do/decide... it will impact the euro, which will then impact the dollar and PM prices...
    *the QE-related decisions: if the maintain the same monthly QE or, if they increase it, then gold will get a boost, but if they slash it... then gold will dip

It's also important how much they might cut from QE - if they do so.

So overall, I see more bearish trends ahead.

(yes right, China buying gold, Russia buying gold... Venezuela devaluing its currency... but these didn't seem to influence gold that much - I guess the focus now is on the EU and the Fed)

If there are more news, other things happening, then don't hesitate to add.

20. JulieW

I'll be tuning in to the talk later today:
    http://kingworldnews.com

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn...We_Are_Witnessing_A_Historic_Low_In_Gold.html