Is Tax a neccesary evil ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by renovator, Dec 6, 2012.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

When are ya gonna get some bullets for that gattling gun yip the blanks are useless :lol:

2. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perhaps, perhaps not. Body corporates and gated communities will easily solve any potential issues on their turf. Based on the cost effectiveness of different options, the private road owners won't allow dumping on their property. Just like now, if the wildlife/smells/toxins from your midden heap in your front yard affects me there will be recourse through the justice system.Business centres will still employ street cleaners and so on and so forth and most of the problem you are envisaging goes away. Will some exist? No doubt, it exists now. The extent is anyone's guess but the fears are no doubt way overblown.

Edit: It's pertinent to note that littering is improper disposal of your property and as such is against the laissez-faire system (although the cost/benefit of enforcing every occurrence is of course problematic, but again, that situation exists right now else why would we have volunteer cleanups like Cleanup Australia Day).

3. renovator

Yep i know i started fending for myself over 20 years ago & never stopped . Ive already been where a lot of these guys are now & realised its futile . Thats where my signature comes from now i just laugh it off. One day they will realise its futile & time is better spent to secure their future rather than change the system.

4. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Why can you not do both at the same time? In fact, I have found them to be complimentary. The more I advocate the more I learn from others, the better able I am to make money.

I would argue we are entering a liberty bull market. Best to get on board early.

5. bordsilver

Okay, it's been bugging me ever since I posted it.

DanDee, I wish to apologise for calling you a "blinded sheep". I should have said something like "it is a popular but misguided lie that..." or something similar rather than call you names for no good reason. I would have simply edited my post but once quoted is harder to take back. So a public apology to you DanDee.

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Bullldust!

Nobody uses tollbooths anymore.. vehicles simply get automatically scanned at certain points and are then automatically charged as well.
    no need for gubmint at all.

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

If there was no or little gubmint then there'd be no unemployment in the first place

8. bordsilver

Imagine how much sooner we would have had such technology and how simple and refined it would be today if the private sector had owned the roads. Decades ago? Easily.

9. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

N aaaaaa, think n aaaaaaathing of it. I had no idea what you were talking about or how it related to any post anyway :lol: :lol:

10. DanDee

Change the system?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's the second funniest thing I've heard on this forum!! Renovator you crack me up! :lol: Just imagining folks thinkin they can change the system!! :lol: :lol: aint no system changin happenin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So what does everyone here want? Do you want a state or do you want anarchy? If you want anarchy then Australia will be overrun in about a week by (insert just about any country you choose here). I don't like government theft any more than the next person.
    The fact is, the world runs on a system of different states run by different types of democracies, oligarchies, dictatorships or whatever. That's not going to change any time soon. You can all live in some fantasy land that doesn't have any government interference, but that's all it is - a fantasy.
    There's 7 billion people on this planet and do you not think that various groups won't get together and collectively try and make their lives better?
    In my dream world it would be an anarchic society but I realise that is just a dream. It's not going to happen.
    Meanwhile, in the real world we need a government that provides some necessities including defense, water management, food security and a power grid.
    Someone said they wanted policing privatised. What crazy world are you living in?

12. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We did have it decades ago.

It was developed in government funded labs.

13. DanDee

"that is just a dream. It's not going to happen" . It could happen :)
    "necessities including defense, water management, food security and a power grid." Workin' on it right now. :)
    " What crazy world are you living in?" DanDee Land :)

14. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

When was the last time that invading another country made the citizens of the invading country better off?

You have the most powerful military in the world and it can't subdue a ragtag bands of rebels in either Iraq or Afghanistan. The US government certainly didn't make any money off either enterprise.

The world at large is mostly disapproving of the entire activity. The only reason the US did it was so that a few people could make vast amounts of money because the US was able to borrow a ton of money on the world markets. The time of invasions is coming to an end. They certainly are not monetarily viable.

The only time they work is when the population wants to be liberated. eg. France in WW2

15. renovator

Ive been in a liberty bull market since the 70s. This is the thing you guys dont understand the generation before me in the 60's were the first to want mass change & you need to remember these people were my peers & mentors .The real movement stopped in the eighties & got lost in the noise .

Its good to see the new gen like you guys trying to change the world but your doing it the wrong way .So what have you done to change the system ? its ok i already know ....nothing . I think if you or others really want to change the systems in place become a politician or get down to your local member of parliament & make a noise . . Im being serious thats the only way you will get a say in it . We have no mandate by referendum so your only choice is be in parliament or know politicians & pay for the priviledge but you guys are such tightarses the second option isnt a possibility so you need to know your local member so he can try to do deals with the other members in his party to change things .Dont worry if hes not your favourite member even if you hate him & his party ...butter him up tell him how good a bloke or woman they are & get the ball rolling . There is no other way . Posting on an internet forum definately will NOT
    From a few threads on here ive read you have really lost the plot on getting things done calling sweeteners bribes & immoral etc . Thats the way of the real world & sweeteners are par for the course .
    Go on get off your arse & really make a difference not you personally hawkeye but all you change the world ive got a great idea crew theres quite a few on here im sure you could make enough noise for someone to at least listen My words of advice would be keep it realistic .

16. doomsday surprise

How do you think empires are made? Spain invaded the Americas - made it worthwhile to Spain for at least a hundred years. Britain had an empire the sun never set on - made it pretty worthwhile for them for a few hundred years. Rome had an empire - pretty good for them for a while. The Mongols had an empire - worked for them. Need I go on?

17. bordsilver

As posted earlier (page 3), this is the main justification the Minarchist Liberatarians talk about. It doesn't change the basic arguments that everything else besides the provision of public police, courts and military should be privatised. In the absence of a civil war or total system failure where we get the chance to reset, let's privatise everything except most of these functions first and discuss further then. Arguing for a State-controlled army does not justify a state controlled electricity, water, sewerage, education, health, roads, libraries etc. If we can at least move our system to that of a Protectorate then I'd be absolutely stoked.

Even though a protectorate is still too much unnecessary force I'd at least be far more willing to sign up and fight for it compared to the crap we have today.

18. bordsilver

In a liberty bull market since the 70s you reckon? I beg to differ. Nearly every new regulation or law passed by our government reduces someone's freedoms in some way.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wV5kUDVcT0[/youtube]

19. doomsday surprise

Sorry, but you have no chance of me (within a governmental system) agreeing to privatised water, electricity or food. Look at ENRON in the USA for electricity privatisation. It's great to have the Monsanto's of the world controlling food production isn't it? Look at Bolivia and see how the world bank and the IMF tried to take over water in that country by giving water rights out to private companies. Privatising rainwater - is that a good thing? Ask the Bolivians.

20. bordsilver

^ Enron is a classic example of crony capitalism enabled by the presence of Government not its absence. I don't know enough about the other examples but I have almost no doubt that there is some form of market intervention distorting the markets.