Is anybody still waiting for sub $30?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Stedlar, May 24, 2011.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

FWIW i got insulation and it went smoothly, worked great and has saved me $ on aircon bills. :)

2. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

I agree with your assessments of both of those programs - it just seems that lots of "small government" people aren't really for small government, they want big government but only the parts they like. And the Apollo program is certainly a big government initiative.

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Hell, im waiting till $28.50!!!
    We have another down to go, make money on the trading range buy/sell but im waiting for buy and hold.

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had a couple of homes in England and they all had roof insulation, all my neighbours had roof insulation, no houses ever burnt down and nobody died installing them. I installed my own, it was easy.

The idea is good, the scheme is sound, the implementation was poor.

Lots of people trying to make a quick buck, no training, backpackers doing the work, no care, just "quickly get this one done so we can get on and charge for the next one". Something was going to go wrong.

In the UK we have double glazing, cavity wall insulation, roof insulation, radiators and carpets, all the wonders of the modern world.

In Germany they have triple glazing, solar heaters, solar power, super insulation.

In Australia, not so much. They have to pay you to do it, apparently the idea of saving energy and cutting down household bills is not enough incentive. As soon as you put money into the equation people try to take advantage.

Can't say much about whether the Apollo missions were worth the cost, I always wanted to be a Highway man not an astronaut.

5. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't really have an 'ounce target' as such - just accumulating as I can with any available cash that I can afford to lose (although making a calculated risk that I won't lose it!).

6. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Just buy as much as you can pay for, because the days comming when you won't be able to afford it.

7. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Yeah that's what I'm aiming for as well!

Basically it's just one equation for me,

Ounces I buy = (Wages - Utility Bills and other fees - Credit card payments - other expenditure - some money set aside) / price of silver per oz

Although I'm planning to go hard on the dragons when they come out ;)

8. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, I might save some dosh for then.

Kind of want to save some money from my next pay for the new Transformers coins too... but dunno if it's worth the $112+ each, PM will charge.

9. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Were the Iberian royals big government advocates when they sponsored Christopher Columbus in sailing over the horizon to see what he could find?

Did the Iberian Royals tax the population and then give it back to them in government programmes to insulate their houses?

The answer to both is NO and they are logically different ideals and without hypocrisy. A desire for Big Government, their wealth consuming bureaucrats and the authoritarian nanny state, has absolutely nothing to do with the Apollo program and thought leaders sponsoring ground breaking initiatives that could create new and unique value for society. Queen Isabella of Spain is remembered for her sponsorship of Christopher Columbus. What the hell is KRudd, GDubya Bush, Tony Blair or Julia Gillard going to be remembered for? Certainly not for adding value to our collective humanity as Queen Isabella did and as JFK did with the Apollo program.

Value Adding versus Value Destroying.

Really it is that simple. Maybe that explains how there is no hypocrisy in my applauding the Apollo programme while criticising the insulation debacle. Perhaps you can see, hypocrisy lies elsewhere.

10. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

I think its safe to say that I can only dream of sub $30 Ag, hate on me if you want but I'm waiting for my trading account to open so I can get some PSLV :p

11. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Perhaps you're right, but a devil's advocate might say that one person's value adding is another's pork barrelling to the military industrial complex (since we're talking about NASA here).

12. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

How the original Apollo programme has been distorted or corrupted into a big government enterprise by the bureaucracy that grow up around it is unfortunate for sure, but doesn't detract from the original value and benefits derived from the initiative to go to the moon, IMO.

But printing up Trillions of new dollars to give to speculating bankers for no good purpose, lumping the debt onto the public and driving inflation in prices around the world is unforgivable. There should be and probably is a special place in hell for such people, when you consider what they could have done with that collective wealth of humanity that they sucked up and misappropriated..

13. shinythings

shinythings New Member

Considering the huge short postions on gold at the moment in anticipation of the end of QE2 , and some governments slowly stock piling gold as to not push up the price , I expect a sharp drop to under $30 .

But when it bottoms the governments like China and India etc .. will secure large volumes at a bargain price and the buying will be on again , only this time with the talk of the greenback strengthening , the price rise will be more sustained .

Just my thoughts ...

14. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Totally agree with this.

15. Wout

Wout New Member

I think there will be good buying opportunities in the next 2 months, it will be interesting to see who will buy us bonds when the fed ends qe2 (they will ofcourse continue behind the scenes) until they announce more stimulus

16. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Yep, still awaiting the blood bath ... when it happens it will not just be silver, it will be gold, stocks and currency ... nice little 08 repeat , just gotta be patient :) US dollar will also rally at that point .. dont think it will last long but it will happen ...

17. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

Like your thinking PM Stacker......I am waiting for a better drop........I do not like gambling on it but I do think it might happen and I am ready to buy when it does....famous last words.

18. somerset

somerset Member Silver Stacker

Bump - more relevant in the past few days....

19. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

With 80% (800 million ounces/1,000 million ounces) going towards industrial uses rather than investment, I'd guess that silver is 80% an industrial metal at the moment, 20% a store of value.

20. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

So 80% of the price gain in the past 2 years is "commodity" based.

Don't buy it.

It sure is a complex monster tho! Seems to be 'store of value' on way up, 'commodity' down...