Inheritance $30 000 shares should i sell and buy $30 000 of PM

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Noogsy brown, Mar 23, 2013.

1. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

You really think so? ))

2. Jrandom

Jrandom New Member

So no one has come out of Robert's courses and driven too the top. Because you know that Robert would be dragging that guy onstage for every show.

3. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You need to study history.

This is not the '70s. This is THE Kwave winter.

That's when debt (leverage) gets killed. wake up.

Royal Estate is just one asset, that I will buy like there is no tomorrow, at the right time.

Right now, in Australia, is not the time to buy, it's time to sell.

Most expensive RE in the world... not a good value.

Be a contrarian, look at what everybody else is doing. That will give you a good idea of what you shouldn't do. A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

The signal I'm looking for: when everybody tells me don't buy RE because they know from personal experience it's the best way to get wiped out. Then you buy.

"good debt" is when you borrow to buy/create a productive asset that is cash flow positive. Borrowing to live in a house is not "good debt", it's cash flow negative. A big fat liability, not an asset (according to R. Kyosaki). You are borrowing on future labor so you can buy something you can't afford.

Back in the days, people just saved their ass off and paid their houses cash.

What people call wealth is just make believe and promises. As they're about to find out. They're finding out already in many countries.

"Cash is most valuable when others don't have it."
    - John Burbank, Passport Capital

4. valuecreator

What he wants is Gold. Lots of it. He compounds Gold by switching to silver in a disciplined way.

In 2004 the GSR was 75-80, silver was the best value.

I believe this is the biggest bull market of our life. You're either in or out. And it's just starting.

Diversification is for people that don't know what is happening.

As usual, most investors will buy at the top. God bless them :D

At this point my two main reasons for buying:

1) Buy before the Gman tax/legislate the hell out of it.

2) Buy before the paper market switch to a cash market.

Right now price is determined by entities that buy the metals but don't want it; and sell the metals but don't have it.

When that change it will be an epiphany to a lot of investors.

5. valuecreator

In the West they can just re-value Gold, maybe rename the currency, and re-start. Of course most people get wiped out but that's on purpose.

Then they just re-start the cycle. I just wish we won't have a World War (bankruptcy re-organisation) to cover for it.

If we have hyper-inflation, it will be done to implement the next matrix.

problem > reaction > solution.

6. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Yeah man the Kwave winter .....I might sell all my cashflow positive properties & invest in metals. because its a Kwave winter & have no income in the HOPE that metals go up

Your friend got lucky at the right time .that sold his house

If i would have sold & bought silver 2 years ago i would have lost a shed load of money on top of having no income to boot .....yeah man the KWAVE :lol:

Income ..... that is the most important thing imo if something is providing an income . The amount you owe is just numbers on paper . Ive seen people procrastinate for years over buying property & would have over 50% equity in it by now but still rent & have nil equity .Some invested in shares & some metals & have done themselves an injury. Gold has been ok but you need to factor the cost of rent & lost equity against the gains you have made on gold If you do that your gains wont look so good . To me it doesnt matter where my gains are in metals /RE or any other investment you like as long as your going forward . Gold is good for nothing but looking at or bragging about i would prefer something useful in the end like a business or a house you can live in or rent out .

As for those sums above in the other posts anyone that pays minimum amount on their mortgage & lets it run the full term is a fool .Debt is a tool & should be used with caution .If used correctly can help you get where you want to go ...

7. valuecreator

renovator is in

I'm out!

8. renovator

lol your such a sook . All i was saying that anyone can get lucky with a call as your mate did if you pick the wrong time you would have Kwintered yourself right up the rear end . .

please continue i just felt the need to put another perspective on it

9. valuecreator

Kwintered yourself right up the rear end . . :lol: <<<< good one

No luck there, just thousands of hours and $ in research.

Actually that's funny you say that, all his "friends" said he was crazy back then... Now half of them say he was lucky (even though he more than doubled his stack since then), the other half ask him how they could do the same.

Regarding RE. I've been down that road before with you, no point of doing it again. Time will tell.

10. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

The best way ;)

11. renovator

Yeah i know what your on about but its the same with gold if you sold your house & bought 200oz of gold when it was $1800 an ounce you would still have the same stinging sensation in your arse plus nil income . .So my point was not to follow blindly in any given strategy & theory but pick your time & be prepared to live with the consequences. if things turn pear shaped.

Hey we all do it differently & a lot succeed with many different approaches . good luck for having a go thats the main thing . If you dont play the game you can never win .

12. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Even with your added reality (I won't even argue with some of the over inflated numbers),
    it costs the same to rent or buy but after 20 years the buyer owns an asset, the renter still owns nothing.
    The owner is shielded from inflation, the renter is totally exposed to it.

In terms of investment I actually think property is a poor investment compared to shares and that Aus property is way overvalued at the moment.
    So I would not be looking to invest in property at the moment - but the rent/buy argument is a completely different kettle of fish.

As usual the discussion has gone into confusing home ownership with investing in property.
    Usually it was Auspm that would mix the two up but it seems to happen even without him around.

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So Renovator....... thoughts?
    valuecreator .... I'm presuming you're a no on this?

14. silverman47

silverman47 Active Member

read any one of the online book reviews of people living off passive incomes based on roberts book. define "the top" roberts only recently become a billionaire, or nearly there at least. But he is self made, unlike donald trump who has inherited quite a sum of money.

I think financial success is simply not having to work in my opinion, once you get that far you can just repeat the process over and over theres no limit. Passive income should be everybodys goal, and you wont get that with precious metals. Good to have metals but you need to generate income yourself, not have somebody else do it for you (your boss)

15. silverman47

I said nothing about buying a house to live in

I also said to look at all real estate, including overseas and rural australia which isnt overpriced and is still quite cheap in plenty of areas.

Most expensive real estate in the world? well i suppose if you cant be bothered looking past melbourne, sydney or brisbane etc. You have to look at all cities, towns, and overseas. Look at things like mortgagee sales where you can get 50% off or better. I bought a block of land last year off the CBA for $3500 (three thousand five hundred) valued at $40,000. now given it isnt cash flowing real estate but got it for a steal all because im constantly looking at real estate, and i do mean constantly day and night. I'll now exchange that for cash flowing real estate bought the same way, probably getting a capital gain on that as well as cash flow.

Good debt > cash flowing real estate. & if you get capital gains as well thats great but not that important.

If im to be a contrarian based on what this forum is telling me i'd be buying real estate hand over fist, even the general public is scared shitless of real estate at the moment.

For simplicity you cannot beat cash flowing real estate, bricks and mortar.

16. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

most people i talk to now tell me "this is the bottom", "great time to be buying". hardly shit scared if you ask me

17. silverman47

Yeah i've heard plenty of that, but how many people do you know actually settling in the next month or so? actually signing the papers. I dont think i know a single person. Everybody talks about the bottom, but there still not parting with their cash. Im speaking about the gold coast here specifically but i dont know anybody in brisbane buying real estate either.

I've actually got a friend fairly close to me who has a wad of cash in the bank, and still renting, wont part with it. Worst thing you could do at the moment is hoard cash in the bank.

18. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

House sales have been flat for some time now, in the past 3 years my work is 80% Chinese and about 90% of that would be investments
    A bit off topic tho

I'm new to stacking and not sure which direction to go? Bars / rounds

I'm a bit over the share market and hopefully if I get it right I can store my wealth correctly, was hopping to find some good ideas / opinions in this thread

19. renovator

I think you should ask NR about the interest only loan julie . Im a buy it cheap & pay it off as quick as humanly possible person . My love/hate affair with debt makes it impossible not to pay off the principal with every payment.I love it because you can buy things you dont have the cash for but i hate it because of the interest & loan structures that are weighed against you
    If it was me i would plough half of the stack straight off the top just to get a head start & some equity early in the piece. Theres way too many scenarios to give a blanket answer . What if PMs flatline along with RE .What if houses drop or rise .the same with metals theres a chance they could go either way .IMO if you have debt you should pay it own at the first opportunity. I think you need to do what you KNOW will get you where you want to go not HOPE something happens to get you there. . Sometimes hindsight is a bitch & other times its your best friend & the choices you make are not always the best thing at the time .The best thing is focus on the light at the end of the tunnel thats what ive always done .

I have been very lucky in that i always had a good cashflow to pay it down .A second job or a cash flow hobby is my advice to anyone in debt .To let anything run the full term is just madness......again imo.

20. silverman47

good to see a female actually taking an interest in this stuff. Theres not many of you.