In The Red!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Ernster, Dec 14, 2011.

1. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKj4upY1VYI[/youtube]
    I see my silver slipping down the Dip
    I see Red I see Red I see Red!

3. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I see Red, I see Red, I see Red.....

LOL Ive been humming that all morning.

4. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Ths ones a little different ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dh79Ggx9Js[/youtube]

5. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah Ive got some Reds under my bed.

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - a point missed time and again by the clueless horde here :lol:

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

why dont you sell your entire stack now then? that way you can buy in again once silver tanks again - which it inevitably will ...

Come on mate - put your money/stack where your mouth is - i dare ya!! :lol:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh I'm sure plenty of people follow the same path, but it really doesn't matter at the end of the day as long as you have a stake.

Thing is, you CAN turn a profit by playing the short term game if you have a crystal ball, but Silver is so heavily manipulated I simply don't have the balls or smarts to play that game.

My convictions lie in the fundamentals and hey, it works for me. But I'm a drop in the ocean compared to even the moderate heavy hitters on this site, so it's always going to vary from investor to investor.

9. possum

possum Member Silver Stacker

:/

10. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't try and justify stupid buying by saying fiat is useless because it isn't by a long shot, every country on this planet uses it. We're going through tough times at the moment but they are not bad enough to go back to a gold standard and won't be for a long time yet.
    I love how you keep calling people with realistic views "clueless" when in reality your calls have been some of the worst.

Try to wrap your head around the concept that "I don't measure my stack in fiat dollars, I measure it in ounces" makes no sense. Someone who waited for a dip has more ounces than a guy who splurged when Silver was in the 40s. Understanding how the system works and acknowledging that fiat exists is key to getting more ounces.

You could only forget about measuring your stack in fiat if there was another way to purchase PMs, there isn't, fiat is the only real money (that can be used to buy anything) at the moment so it is what you use as a measurement of wealth.

One day Gold will retake its rightful spot but I'm not holding my breath that I'll be around to see it, no one should. I hate that the words I type are reality, but only fiat will allow us to escape the bleak future that fiat will create.
    I'm in PMs to make profit in some kind of fiat currency, if your reasons are different please share them :)

11. hussman

hussman Member

Im also in the red. But ill be buying a crap load of PM's soon to lower my redness. With silver I bought a bit at 45, more at 35-40, a few from 30-35, hoping to nearly fully commit at 25-30. And will hopefully get a 5-10 oz's of gold when it drops abit further. Until then, im holding, watching, and loving the opportunity we are all given at the moment. Although Ebay is looking abit scarce ATM. May have to buy from some companies.

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Not sure what all of this claptrap is supposed to mean in real terms? Are you sitting on a heap of cash waiting for PMs to drop further?
    Or are you just sitting on cash because you reckon its going to appreciate relative to PMs in some deflationary scenario?
    And then at some obscure point in the future - you'll hit the PMs market and purchase twice as many ounces as the permabull idiots who've been so stupid to buy throughout?

My guess is you probably dont have much cash available anyway, so its all hot air.
    but even if you are sitting on loads of cash - good luck with that brilliant plan mate :lol:
    afterall - you're all a bunch of brilliant geniuses ....

**AHEM** in hindsight.... :lol:

13. hussman

hussman Member

I know its not my place say, but roman1613 and Yippe-Ki-Ya, please lets not turn this into a public bashing, We are all part of the minority that own PM's that will eventually be the majority And we will be laughing in the future, but for the new comers to PM (like me) who are in the red this is a great opportunity to buy more.

One thing I learnt, buy PM's on a routine basis, and when you see a good opportunity buy more than you usually would.

14. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't worry hussman, bit of banter never hurt anyone. I know Yippe can take it and dish it out so all is good.

Yippe, I actually have very little money to spend, I do feel safer holding onto the pittance i call savings right now so you're right there. I am also far from a genius, I am however smart with the little money I have because I have to be to live basically.
    All I was trying to say is: don't detach yourself from reality, there isn't going to be some great fiat collapse (feels so wrong saying that) in the forseeable future so it makes sense to track what your stack is worth in fiat dollars.
    I can't help but chime in when I think someone is making a mistake but i'm not after a debate so i'll leave it at that.

15. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

I'm about to buy some Silver and maybe Gold from B/B. Not because it appears to be cheap it's because i don't want thousands sitting in my offset account saving me just 6.45%. I might be nuts buying today but i think it will spike up soon. Plus its nice to go visit the vault and hold the stuff every so often.

Thoughts??

Scorp

16. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Go half half.

That way if PMs rocket then you have exposure.

Whereas if it dies more, you still have your money in your offset account to buy more and it's "saving you $".

17. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Where's all the guys that said "TO DA MOOOOOON!" now ;) by the way I'm down too :eek:

18. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's going there. Of that, I have no doubt.

I'm begging that it goes to the floor and languishes there until 2020

19. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

But Bob Chapman said........................

20. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

If you look at the chart for the last 15-20 minutes for Silver then extrapolate it to 2 weeks he's right and it'll be $80!!!!!!!