image upload screwy

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by LTEK4NZ, Aug 4, 2012.

1. LTEK4NZ

LTEK4NZ Member Silver Stacker

if you upload two different images with the same image name on your pc onto the server here it acts like a new image hasnt been created here.

eg. i screen shot a image to pm a member. edit it and save as untitled.
    post the image and a few days later do the same thing take a screen shot edit it save as untitled replacing the image i had on my pc upload here and copy the image location into a message and when i check sent messages it shows the image from a few days ago instead of the one i uploaded a few min ago.

fixable problem. or am i just being lazy not naming images after editing. (images are of mine and others personal data not wanting to inadvertently make this mistake again)

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Image names need to be unique - they are just uploaded to an images directory with your member number prefixed. There's about 7GB of images been uploaded by members.

3. LTEK4NZ

LTEK4NZ Member Silver Stacker

in otherwords stop being lazy. or delete from the site when the image becomes useless.

4. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

^^^Problem with that is some illiterates, such as spannermonkey, tend to solely rely on flash cards to communicate.
    Pictures tell a 1000 words.

Better idea would be to archive threads older than such n such, with a clear visible text informing surfers the thread/page is archived, thereby explaining missing pictures and cells.