How is holding silver better than holding cash in the bank?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by BootyBandit, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Logic is useful. $50 was always going to be a concrete wall. People look back on history and people like round numbers, add a parabolic rise to the mix and surely you had to have doubts? please realise i'm not having a go at you but the child in me means I have to reply when quoted.

My ebay profile is proof enough of where I sold, and my bullionbourse account is proof of where I bought. Nearly got it perfect both ways, $3-$4 bucks off. Of course there were others who did pretty much the same, I recall John is another that got it pretty spot on. Instead of subscribing to hacks like bob chapman i'd certainly recommend stellaconcepts, far more accurate than an old clueless-permabull-conspiracy addict.

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Yeh John did get it right and i admire him for that. but he is a very skilled technical trader and that certainly helped him. i dont have a clue about technical trading. I'm interested in the fundamentals and the medium to long term prospects.

I'd be a little more careful about writing Bob Chapman off. I'd still listen to what he has to say and chew on it a bit. you're welcome to disagree with him on occasion, but to write him off as a hack would be dangerous i think.

3. an9ie

an9ie New Member

I had to take a (let's say) $10,000 bank cheque from one bank to another for a relative. At the bank the cheque was going to be deposited in, the teller chick goes, "Oh, you have to fill in a deposit slip, I'll do one for you."

Then as I watch in horror, she writes, "$1,000" instead of "$10,000" on the slip. I pointed out the mistake, but imagine if I hadn't been paying attention! (I know the system would have caught it eventually but what a pain.)

If we had been dealing in silver, I'll bet she would never have mistaken 1,000oz for 10,000oz!

I'm just sayin' :)

4. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

oops yeh ^^^^^^^^ what he said. After the fixed rate period is up the loan reverts to the variable rate. If that is several percent higher than what you were paying during the fixed period then too bad-so sad. Of course there is the chance that the rates could be lower when you come out of the fixed period and then you can refinance again but the whole point of having a fixed rate in the first place is to take the risk out of what your repayments are going to be in 2-3-4-5 or if you are American 25 years down the track.

5. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Ohhhhhh, LOL, I was freakin out imagining the monthly payments LOL