Global Minimum Wages

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Cinvalo, Sep 16, 2013.

1. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

What is "Australia's wealth" ?

2. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

That is the wealth you are going to wish we valued enough to stop our government allowing the population to consume the whole fking lot. You'll know exactly what it is when it's soon needed but is GONE.

3. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

Please explain exactly what you mean by "Australia's wealth". If you don't know what you mean, just say so.

Thank you

4. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

in my opinion wealth is a measurement of energy. Everything we do come back to energy it takes x amount of energy to mine and then the product you have mined is then a store of energy/wealth "population to consume the whole fking lot" this can never happen as the population itself can provide energy via the population of a itself is a form of wealth.. I guess he is implying that australians ability to store energy is decreasing ?

5. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

I've been very clear what I mean by Australia's assets. I hesitate to give your condescending BS question airplay. Is that the best argument you've got, attempting to derail mine? Grow up mate.

6. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

Ive just gone back through the thread to find how clear you have been and all you have mentioned is mining. Do you think it is right that the govt just "gives" the resources to mining companies ? How is it Australia"s wealth ?

7. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

"Do you think it is right that the govt just "gives" the resources to mining companies ? How is it Australia"s wealth ?"...............No I don't

Here's what I wrote....................""blame the govt for that." Yes I do. They are the managers of the economy and have overseen the complete destruction of Australia's future. It is well known 85% of mining is foreign owned. It is also well known the top ASX companies are also.

""what are Australia's productive assets ?"..........I don't remember seeing that Q. Anyway, Producing assets are exactly what the word implies. They produce. They are all sold or redundant because we source from overseas. Farms, manufacturers, fisheries.

So what's left that we do? We consume and service each other. Fix teeth, mow lawns, sell TV's, wire houses, build houses. To fund this completely and utterly unsustainable model, we sell Australian assets (whether privately or government owned that money ends up in the economy). We also populate with rich migrants. So, if anyone can tell me how this can end well, I'd love to know what their logic is. All I ever get is attempts to discredit what I say with semantics like, "oh that was in a drought"....or......someone trying to discredit Katter http://www.politifact.com.au/truth-o-me ......Have they considered yields halving in the next 35 years? Have they considered our population doubling over thirty years?........AND............What about the question......What does it matter if we become net importers of food? TOO FUNNY.......We are so entitled we forget other countries are not there to serve us, we need to trade. If there's nothing left to trade.....WE STARVE....Get it?

As for our wages. They will worse than halve as the rest of the world sources resources elsewhere. None of it is rare (EXCEPT FOOD). We are in for one hell of a shock in the near future.".............

I've just noticed you tried to question the 85%. Now you know it's true right?

8. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

"Do you think it is right that the govt just "gives" the resources to mining companies ? How is it Australia"s wealth ?"...............No I don't

Sorry. I didn't answer that very well. Of course it's Australia's wealth. It's where we live. The continent that has given us so much......It was ours. Our kids, yours, mine. Australia's collective wealth. What are you getting at? It's global wealth that we're obligated to share (give away)?

9. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

http://www.smh.com.au/national/summ...indian-child-slave-labour-20130930-2uosv.html

What if this is their only available income?.................This argument is hijacked in Australia by people that have no idea of how good we have it in Australia. We are so fricken privileged, we can't see what's going on in the world and where we are ourselves are headed. We haven't protected what we HAD and will now go down a similar path as the very unfortunate overseas.

Australia, land of the dumbest people on the planet.

10. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

What Im getting at is no one should have rights over someone else's property. There should be no state land, and then mining companies would have to negotiate with owners to get access (only). Why do you have a right to minerals 2000kms away? Why do you insist on that right? We already benefit from the economic boost.

11. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

Okay. I don't guess I do have a right to that asset. My point is, in the national interest, that asset should remain in Australian hands, so, as you say...."benefit from the economic boost".....

Otherwise what we get is MOST of the profit is exported. This is the situation we are now in. We can't buy it back because we SPENT the money. Australia spends way more than we earn. We're going backwards very quickly and it will end very badly. There is no other viable outcome.

12. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australia is nothing but a large bunch of individuals. I have no place in forcing you how to spend your money but I can try to provide advice. If you are worried about your spending vs income then save more. If you prefer local ownership then direct your spending toward locally made and locally owned products. If your neighbours do the same then that's fine. If they don't that's fine as well. They should be free to try to optimise their welfare just as you should be free to optimise yours. And that's pretty much it. All else is wanting to force your preferences onto your neighbour.

13. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

What a bizarre view. Are you happy for your loved ones to miss the opportunities you have had? Are you happy they'll earn a fraction what you do? Live lifestyles a fraction yours? Are you happy we've sold housing to foreigners and bid it up ourselves to fund foreign owned banks? My finances are way more than fine, I've gotten my money out of this doomed country. I'm filthy rich by having a clear understanding of economics, and filthy vested interested politics, and going against the dumb dumb dumb crowd. It's you and others unable to see what's going on I'm worried about.

14. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

:lol: ^^^^ i couldnt have said it better myself . BS & his crew are too busy trying to save the world instead of saving themselves... They havent got a clue about much more than debating ...im afraid debating pointless arguements wont feed your family Or pay the bills .
    When reading their posts i often think they are intelligent but lack the real world commonsense required & thinking their google -fu is enough .Google will give you information but cant instill the commonsense or business acumen .

15. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The thing I see a lot, people have a sense of entitlement. They deserve and demand a big screen LCD TV and the latest everything and who cares if they don't have the money. Borrow it or someone else who has money should give them some.
    Put money away for your kids or buy a smaller house, drive a second hand car and don't spend every cent you have - that is stupid.... Why not put it on the credit card or bludge of a relative or the Govt???
    Start at the bottom and work your way up, hell no I want a high paying job.
    If I don't get it carry on like a child, jump up and down and make a lot of noise and someone will give it to me....... Is that sustainable?

16. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

"Is that sustainable?".....We're about to find out. Highest personal debt in the world, highest house prices in the world (overall), producing assets all sold. We've lived off the fat from previous generations and spent the future. Spending will collapse, as will wages, as will house prices as will the share market. I can't wait for the finger pointing.

17. bordsilver

And yet again your response makes no sense.

Two simple questions:
    1. Do you want to dictate what I can or cannot do with my person, life or property?
    2. Do you want me to dictate what you can do with your person, life or property?

18. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

No. I want the government to protect my choices and the choices of the people I love. Simple really.. Not sure where your confusion is coming from.

19. bordsilver

So does the Governments role in "protecting" your choices (eg protecting your person and validly obtained property from others attacking or stealing them) extend to them preventing someone else from freely trading theirs?

20. Resetrequired

Resetrequired New Member

Yes. That's right. It's not all about you. It's in the national interest.