False Hopes 2013

Discussion in 'Silver' started by longtime silver believer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. longtime silver believer

longtime silver believer New Member

Is it time to bail out?Have a really good think about it .How many of us are actually in front in this game of stacking? We all start with enthusiasm ,we buy over a peirod , we buy more on the dips,we are strong and stick to our belief in PM's.But many a times we are disappointed.Just think of the money you have tied up in bullion not earning rent,not earning dividends ,not earning interest.With all these bail-outs ,money printing,stimulis aren't PM's suppose to rise?(please don't say you want the prices to go down,so you can back the truck up etc...if the price goes down...you lose,plain and simple.)Printing banknotes is supposed to increase the prices of Gold and Silver.Well they have printed,and printed BIG time and the are still printing so what is going on? Are Gold and silver really that scarce ??? I am starting to doubt it.You may try and say to me"another weak hand" this is NOT true I have been in this since 1980.What about inflation PM's should be much ,much higher just to keep up.Sorry to be disillusioned but I just wanted to say it.

2. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

you've been in it since 1980? so you broke even in 2011?? This would have to be the most ironic post ever from Long Time Silver Believer

3. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

dear longtime silver believer,

yes, it's time. sorry.

It was a good run.

Please pm me so we can arrange the sale of your stash at a advantageous price.

yours always,

Jamie Dimon
    JPM CEO

4. longtime silver believer

What does this mean?? I did not sell and the price fell down {again}. Did not know you can pick the tops..wow.

5. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

You are right to have these thoughts and anybody who has made real wealth knows that you should have these thoughts regularly even if silver or any investment was going up, constant evaluation of investments based on your circumstances and opportunities is needed to grow wealth. I am still currently in PM's as the risks of property, shares, bonds and returns of cash are in my opinion greater than the risk/potential returns of PM's but you can be assured the moment that paradigm changes, people must change with it to maximise wealth creation.

6. longtime silver believer

I made a comment,I did not say I was selling.

7. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

we are getting closer and closer to despondency i think. All its going to take now is a good kick in the guts down to $26. The minds of many are already rattled, just the price needs to be now.

8. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You asked: is it time to bail out.

I got Jaimie Dimon to answer between two meetings....

what else do you want?

those who think that silver or gold are an investment will be disapointed.

those who use it as a foundation to build wealth will be pleasantly surprised.

[​IMG]

you're not alone to be down.

I suggest it a great reason to be optimistic!

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

If you think you can make more money elsewhere do it .. think there comes a time when enough is enough for certain individuals & the money that could have been made is eating at you . Investments of any sort ( i classify an investment as somewhere you put a large sum of money hoping for a return ) need to have an exit plan . If your time has come do what you think is best for you . I will always keep some PMs but there will come a time when some of it will go to the next speculator .... Good luck with your decision

10. Auspm

Auspm New Member

+1

For those who are not sure of their investment choices and need to have validation from other people, you're right to question whether you should be in the game at all.

It's your wealth - your money. The only power you have is the control you have over your own decisions.

I expect a lot of people currently 'in the game' will be leaving this year and I bid them farewell. We'll see you again in the future, I'm sure.

11. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

There is a significant difference between being a long term believer and buying at a parabolic top and refusing to admit the mistake. When Volker raised interest rates it was time to get out of pms, especially silver. A strong hand would have sold out at the time. Many will make the same mistake you did during the next parabolic rise.

12. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Going to be an interesting year 2013.

Many expect a market crash.

Many believe the markets are recovering.

Very few are bullish on Silver at this moment

and now I'm just rambling...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Nobody should invest in something they are not decisive about.

14. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

It's your money longtimebeliever. If you feel uncomfortable in your investments its probably therefore outside your risk tolerances. A good night's sleep and no high blood pressure from stress is better than investing your hard earned in an investment you are concerned with. Selling and having cash at the bank at say 4% interest might be better for you at this point.

15. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have been reading this post as well as the other on the bafoon Rawdog. What I dont see is an alternate option following the idea that PM are risky and cash prices of PM may go down this year. The alternative has not been spelt out by the naysayers. I am very interested in what options those wanting to cash out of PM will now invest in? Is it stocks (ASX) or perhaps a negative stock index or do they want to leave their assets in a cash account earning 3% in Australia ? Are we to believe that these investments are safe and investing in these products is risk free ?- so tell us what is your advice as an alternate safe investment that is going to grow and not be destroyed by risk or inflation, unless you believe there is no inflation in which case dont answer. I am just interested to know what the people cashing out of PM will no invest in or will the just keep cash ? By the way the RBA printed $AU 2B in November - dont know how much they printed in December - does anyone know where to find that info month to month?

16. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Hi there,

From your post I am guessing that you would be close to 60yrs old or more. If the silver is a cause for concern then sell it and never look at the price again. There could be one more big slump coming before the upward trajectory resumes. If you decide to keep the silver then you will have to accept this possibility.

If you decide to keep the silver, don't look at the price for 3 more years and you will then be pleasantly suprised.

Good luck

17. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you are refering to me gosh I just aged over a decade in 1 post haha. I have been buying PM for a lot longer than 3 years and I dont worry about these negative shills. Its like the rowing boat when everyone moves to the front you better run to the back. By the way when I look at my PM stack I am pleasantly suprised.....

18. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

I am so dismayed with my Silver investment I intend to sell it all, in about 25 years from now. My military Super has lost around 5 % for the last 6 years. I will keep buying PM.

19. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

A couple of thoughts - from my own personal point of view.

First and foremost, if you're uncomfortable with your position in PM's, be that gold or silver or both, then you need to change it to something you're comfortable with, no doubt about it.

For myself, the "price" (and I purposely put that in quotation marks), is immaterial. Why? Because you're trying to measure, or value, a commodity that has proven over a 5000 year history that it is the ultimate store of value, and comparing that to a fiat currency which is so meddled with, so easily reproducable and so easily devalued, that 5000 years of history proves - without a backing of that fiat currency in some permanent store of value - that it too will debase itself to zero at some point in the (probably very near) future.

But all of this depends on what YOU personally believe. Will the currencies we are using today debase themselves over a period of time to the point of collapse? Personally, I don't see any way around it - Helicopter Ben has proven on many occasions that he will print "as much as it takes", each time devaluing the fiat you hold in your hand. What he cannot *materially* change is the value of the gold and silver I own, have paid for, that no-one has lein over, and that I can put my hand on.

The way I see it, the "price" of gold and silver today simply dictates how much of it I can, or cannot afford to buy. That is all.

(Side note, sorry for the absence from these forums for quite some time, real life got in the way on several fronts, but it's good to be back and frequenting these forums again, sharing thoughts and ideas with you all!)

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

3%??? There's plenty of banks offering over 4.5%. That's an actual return too, cash flow, not paper profits.

There's an alternative for you.

You want another? I'll post it later after work.