EOI Gold Kook Set

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by STC, Apr 12, 2023.

1. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Howdy Stackers,
    I need a little fiat lubrication to grease my wheels & get something off the ground. I could sell a bunch of odds/ends, not in a rush but be easier if done in one transaction - which leads me to this EOI.

2009 Perth Mint P20 Gold Kookaburra Set. 20 Proof Quality 1/20th Gold Kookaburra’s to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Mints iconic Kookaburra coin. They come in a beautiful PM black display case & all are in mint condition. Yesterday was the 1st time I’ve ever opened it to seen them in the flesh. They are beautiful

You guys have seen them float around, mintage is 2009, many sets have been broken & sold individually. The Mint sells Bullion 1/20th gold coins for $220 each & Proof quality much higher.
    I’ve checked sale’s history for this set & don’t expect a crazy price, it’s 1oz .999 in fractional gold so I won’t sell them for spot. If you are interested please send me your best pm offer or even in thread.
    Make a good offer & they are yours.
    I’d rather not bust them up.

2B211B42-7427-4D47-A148-4E0AD1CCA4C9.jpeg

https://www.treasuresauctions.com.a...ustralian-kookaburra-gold-proof-set-2009-3492

thanks for looking

AgStalker, adze67, Real $ and 2 others like this.
  2. STC

Better pics - Stock Photo. Can post pics of actual set tomorrow.

F838A3CE-34DF-470E-BB19-65F183972197.jpeg

adze67, Real $, madaw1 and 2 others like this.
  3. STC

Had a couple of offers, much appreciated
    I’m happy to wait until market close or at least the weekend to make a sale.
    The Stacker in me sees these as spot, if it was a 1oz blob it would be.
    Fractional gold always has a premium, if I was selling 20x 1/20th current lunar etc I would need to sell over $200 each to earn a profit & that’s with volume breaks over 100.
    Checking previous sales on auction sites etc has made me a bit dizzy & I know this site is not the place to pull AUD$6000 for this set - I am hoping for spot +$500 or above which is $175 per coin or total just over $3500. I do have multiple sets & have them listed elsewhere.

If you think they are over priced please voice your opinion!

A good offer has been given & as said I will take offers until Sunday morning.
    Personally I thought $4000 posted would be an easy deal & I still have fingers crossed but reality is spot is up(new floor above US$2000), this set although pristine is old & 2nd hand everyone wants a bargain & bang for buck/closest to spot is the norm here on SS.

Have a crack, I would like the buyer to be happy with the purchase. It’s 1oz fine gold much more versatile that a blob or single coin. If inflation keeps going over the next couple of years you could trade 1 coin for a tank of petrol to get out of Dodge or a happy meal for the kids to share. So many options!