Dumping gold stocks

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Abossy, May 28, 2014.

1. Abossy

Abossy Active Member Silver Stacker

Had a small capital gain on some non mining shares during the year.

Thinking about dumping my NCM and SLR holdings due to taking a big hit. Was thinking could offset the gains before end of FY and then maybe buy back in a few months (yes I am still clinging to a little ray of hope).

There are probably better gold stocks out there I'm down about 70% on NCM bought in before they F##@#d over the market.

Just really beaten about especially after today's big drop - could go even lower.

Anyone been in a similar boat?

2. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm considering picking up some SLR in the June clearance sales so yeah - dump em :D

But seriously - if you think the stocks are worth hanging on to, sell them to take the capital loss and then buy back a few days later.
    If you don't want to keep them then you should have already sold them by now

3. Abossy

Abossy Active Member Silver Stacker

That was the plan.

Was hoping for a bounce in SLR like that last rally to 75c. There are probably better value mining stocks though.

The rate at which it was falling during the last drop I was afraid we were looking at another Newcrest. Havn't had the best of luck with mining shares but I guess it's basically a punt in the end.

Should just stick with the physical!