Does Mitt Romney Know How To Create Jobs? Did He Ever Create Any?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by hawkeye, Oct 16, 2012.

1. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Does Mitt Romney Know What It Takes To Create Jobs? Did He Ever Create Any?

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/does-mitt-romney-know-what-it-takes-to.html

I have been (and continue to be) critical of both president Obama and Mitt Romney. As stated multiple times previously, I will not vote for either of them.

Obamacare will be a disaster for jobs as noted in Prepping for Obamacare, Olive Garden and Red Lobster Cut Workers' Hours; Are Other Companies Doing the same? Tip Sharing Lowers Minimum Wage; Like One, Like All?.

I still plan a followup on that post. Would Romneycare be any different? If so why?

More importantly, as a businessman, does Romney have any history of creating jobs? If you think so, I invite you to read what Ronald Reagan's budget director, David Stockman, has to say about the claims.

Please consider Mitt Romney: The Great Deformer.
    No Debate

There is no possible debate on what Stockman said above. He did not write anything above I would not have. However, Stockman has numerous details of exact transactions that I did not have.

For example, Stockman points out Bain's returns on the overwhelming bulk of the deals 67 out of 77 were actually lower than what a passive S&P 500 indexer would have earned even without the risk of leverage or paying all the private-equity fees. Based on its average five-year holding period, the annual return would have computed to about 12 percentwell below the 17 percent average return on the S&P in this period.

Loaded with debt, four of Bain's investments ended in bankruptcy. Bain however, got out at the top.

Is any value created in that? There was for Bain and Romney but not for the employees of those companies. Counting bankruptcies, Bain and Romney destroyed jobs.

The article is worth a good look from start to finish.

Stockman concludes ...
    Piranha-Like Asset Stripping

Results at Bain were made possible by fractional reserve lending and leverage to the extreme. As I have stated before, Fed policies are for the benefit of the banks and the already wealthy, in other words, the 1%, not the 99%.

Indeed, close scrutiny of Romney's "job creation" track record shows it is nothing more than piranha-like asset stripping for the benefit of the piranhas. Everyone else involved was likely cleaned to the bones.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock
    http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com