Couple of unknown(s).

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSerf, Oct 28, 2013.

1. SilverSerf

SilverSerf Member

Hi all,

Apologies for the repost if you've seen this on a thread under silver coins - wasn't sure where it was best categorised.

I found a couple more interesting pieces in my desk that I have no idea about.

The first is (maybe) a coin. It has a diameter of 40mm and is 2.5mm thick - the edge is milled although quite worn. It is a uniform silver colour as shown apart from the dark stains you can see if the pics. Non-magnetic and weighs 37.64g.

The second item I have no idea if it's an old coin, a small bar or something totally unrelated to PM's. It was in with the other coin.

It is a small bar 42mm x 12mm x 7mm. Non-magnetic, uniform colour and weighs 38.64g. It has different characters on each side and a small square indentation in the bottom as well as a small circular and a small square indentation in the top.

Any ideas or identifications very much appreciated.

My apologies if they are just small pieces of junk.

Cheers,

Serf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

The small 1 tael silver bar is old Vietnam (Annam), not sure about the coin.

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

The "coin" is a WW2 French Indo-China Teal c 1942 - its in VG condition (this is numi talk for heavily worn!) so around $55 or so

1for1

4. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Where can I get a desk like this ?

5. SilverSerf

SilverSerf Member

I think it was from Fantastic Furniture on Dandenong Rd in Clayton. Not sure if the store's still there but we bought a whole houseload of bargain furniture there when we set up house many years ago. :)

Ask them if they have a package deal that includes old Asian silver coins you can forget all about until you get the shiny bug, join SilverStackers forum and morph into an addict errm enthusiast and go looking for old coinage. :)

Serf.