CME Group Raises Comex Gold Margins By 21.5%, Silver Margins By 15.6%

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Ouch, Sep 23, 2011.

1. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

+1

2. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Right, Death and taxes are the only sure thing. BUT...the silver margin hikes back in May were credited as the cause of silver crashing then, from 48 down to 34. I don't think we'll see the same percentage drop as that because of the big drop already. But thanks to you guys and some other articles I've read, I'm ready to write another drop in the...sand LOL

3. glam

glam Member

Well since the margin increases effect both the longs and shorts, then I don't think we can assume prices will increase or decrease. It is dependant on the dynamic of the market and what happens one time may not happen the same the next time.

The question is who is more leveraged, the longs or the shorts. If we know the answer to this question, then we can (maybe) predict the possible direction on Monday.

4. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

I'm suspecting that a good portion of fridays drop was due to someone knowing before hand that margins would be increased. This game like every other one is rigged so I'm sure some of the higher ups saw/knew it was coming and started selling. Personally I don't see it falling much below 30 its been tested a few times and held strong over 30 everytime this year when it looked like it was going to drop.