Cheapest oz bar in Australia - Silver Towne or other options?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by RhythmDoctor, Apr 10, 2011.

1. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Howdy folks,

Been buying Silver Towne oz bars of late, but now I've amassed a little stack of them, I'm wondering if there's anything else worth seeking out.

I was under the impression Silver Towne 1oz's are the cheapest you can grab here, but I'm wondering if its worth buying some PAMP's or keep going cheep-cheep. I'm keen to get my stack big and diverse, I even hoard sterling I get under scrap at auction, but should I really be investing more in PAMPS/more attractive bars?

Would appreciate any advice you guys can give,

Cheers,

RD

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Personally I go for price ,what Evers cheaper.I don't bother
    with Pamp ,but I do have around my neck
    [​IMG]

3. RhythmDoctor

Thats pretty nice, I've seen the gold pendants they do, how much was that little baby? I want! :)

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$50 ,3months ago ,the pawnbroker had $100 on it
    Haggled him down to half

5. Haggai 2:8

Haggai 2:8 Member

Where exactly in Australia can you find Silver Towne products?

6. RhythmDoctor

Don't really want to identify that dealer Haggai, I've become a little suspicious of them since last week too.

I thought our SS friends would have a good headsup on the cheapest ounce option available to those looking to up their weights.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont have a hell of a lot of options where I am , There is only the one coin/bullion dealer in town and I am effectively blackbanned from there now since i got a Redback for $50 on my first visit , he will only sell kg+ at spot +% to me now and I can rarley afford that sort of volume.

I do most of my buying on ebay now , the odd local buy here and there but 90% off the bay , still some great bargains to be had if you have the time and even if you dont, if you do your research with the tools available such as buy now with lowest price and postage you can still pick up decent buys.

Dont think it would beat a weekend of hunting around stamp and coin shops over a weekend in the big citys but I dont have that opportunity, Just as a tip for city folk check out ebays big prices for Kangaroos etc and then go looking for them, I had a mate last week in Melbourne I tipped about 2007 Kangaroos who picked up three for $170 all up and they are going for $230+ each on ebay at the moment, go hunt out the big prices and then flip them for more Oz's , Coloured Kangas are getting up to $800 + for some $500+ for others.

Do your homework and go hunting, Another tip is coin errors, My bro inlaw has been collecting 50 cent pieces for ever, tipped him on the prices of coin errors and he has been selling some 50 cent pieces for over $20 each , do a search on ebay and check out the prices for coin errors and keep checking your change. A $1 coin could get you as much as $3.000 for the right one .

Hunt and flip people.

8. Blockhead

Blockhead Active Member

LOL. So he made a mistake and is trying to punish you for it. What a sound business model.

9. RhythmDoctor

Quite so... would hate to do business like that, if anyone ever gets a bargain out of me, I pat them on the back and invite them back!

So any recommendations on oz bars? I can't see anything cheaper than 46 bucks for a Silver Towne at the moment...

10. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Look at all options available. I'm finding that i can get some coins at spot which is less than what i can get some bars for. It just measn that my stack isn't as neat as it would be with bars. The coins come and go in popularity so have a look around and don't discount anything.

11. RhythmDoctor

True, and I just missed out on some morgans this morning too. DAMNIT!!!!