Buying now???

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lucenzo, Sep 11, 2013.

1. PAGAU

PAGAU New Member

Aussie dollar heading down again. Silver heading down too.
    Short term Aussie $ up and Silver down would be a nice buying opportunity - getting closer but I don't see it just yet.
    Next buying opportunity I should buy aussie-made silver but I really like the similar priced 1kg PAMPs. :)

Maybe December has something in store according to this guy Bensimon, interviewed by Kitco
    http://www.kitco.com/news/video/sho...16/Is-Bensimon-Sticking-To-$2600-Gold-By-2014
    He thinks soon on Dec 6th gold will either be at at US$1640 or US$1090!
    Silver would also be heading in the same direction too I presume.
    He also says 2016 for US$2600 gold. That would be very positive for Silver too.

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

That guy is merely covering his ass...it's like me saying in Dec 1 galllon of unleaded petro in the US will either be $5 or $2.25...either way you can't lose with such a broad and sweeping 'prediction'.

3. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with OC.
    Too many Stackers assume they know what price is doing - it is treated as a foregone conclusion that price rises are inevitable - a potentially devastating assumption when investing with emotion.
    Yet, when the possibility that they may be wrong in their belief is pointed out, it is labelled as "trolling". :rolleyes:

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thank you for your response. However, there is an implied etiquette on this forum that allows for vigorous debate; some members, in particular, Village Idiot, have no understanding of the nuances of polite discourse. If he said that the sun rose in the East in his whining diatribe , I would double check. Unfortunately too many people who can't maintain outside relationships graduate to online forums and maintain the same antisocial behavior.

Everyone is entitled to a well argued opinion but when the opinion is criticised without a logical counter argument, then it is called trolling. If the opinion was not well argued, then ignore it for what it is.

5. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

if you don't have any silver and want some then buiy some.

otherwise it's a bit like the umberella market atm, shops fully stocked with
    umberella's, but no rain in sight, should one expect a flurry of customers to come in buying my umberella's?
    why would they? to keep it in the broom closet until it may well rain one day? rain may never come.
    I wish i stocked up fishing rods instead, if buyers are getting a return, like fish, then they'll keep buying rods,
    others will come to buy rods too, year round, rain, hail or shine.

so how do you think I feel about all my customers with the fancy umberella's I sold them?
    knowing that they could of bought fishing rods instead and enjoyed the bounty of the weeks catch?
    it's gut wrenching.

6. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

It's as simple as that if production/recycling/processing/distribution/etc cost of silver rises X% due to thievery captain fiatcurrency creation-inflation/tax/whatever form of theft, that a price increase bigger than X% just means bigger profit margins for those that take a part in this supply proces.
    In other words: a part of the fiatmoney of those that buy silver ends up in the pockets of these supply chain nodes, instead of in more ounces silver.
    And it's those supply chain nodes that spread the bogus stories about silver price explosions, shortages, X times the entire US annual production traded in a day, and some others haha.

The 'quantitative easings' of the central banking thieves were a bogus story on their own. In reality, they made lending harder instead of easier, by increasing reserve requirements in line with the new created fiatmoney, as to keep it in a sterilized condition, block it from being spent.

But in the end, both of above can only try. If we stackers don't let them lure us in paying the higher prices caused by their short-term purchases/frontrun, and don't let them lure us into doubt/ceasing purchases/selling low after they dumped again that silver (silver presence in the case of a Comex position even nearly never needed, not at purchase/price adjustment time and not at contract expiration time), then we should be able to prevent that fiat goes to them instead of to our silver stack.
    And that's why the total Comex position, as published in the COT report and picked up by sites alike finviz.com, is a handy piece of free information. It reflects what they DO, not what they SAY. It's only a part of the silver price movement, but it still is the part that drains off the most bucks because that position fluctuates upto 25% of worlds annual supply, and that nearly every 3-4 months. Put together a couple years of these cycles, and you get an idea of the amount fiat that gets diverted into their pockets.
    Hell, they can just purchase an entire annual supply silver on paper, to then cancel the paper. Hey baker Joe, I'm gonna buy 1000 breads on 22 october 2013. Price warps up. Other breadbuyers get tricked a month long into paying this higher price, and profits accumulate on their paper accounts. Then on 22 october 2013: hey Joe, order cancelled!. Price warps down.

So if you want an answer whether or not to buy now or not, well look at general price increasings, the stockpiled silver, and especially the paperboys total position.
    For the rest, you depend on what other silver stackers do. That's just how it is. It's a choice between depending on central planning thieves along bank deposits / bank stocks / treasuries / whatever market they control including gold, and depending on others that attempt the same as you. One thing is sure, every stockpiled ounce will have a future selling day. Since silvers market leans much more towards a consumption model, it matters less than gold, but still, post 2008 stockpiled silver sums up to nearly an entire worlds annual supply, and the extra demand of the 2009-2010 years will then compensate for extra demand, and suppress the price uptrend that would otherwise have happened. There are other options out there, but they too sit on high price levels. So there is nowhere to run to, and it's only the central planners club and the parasiting gangs behind them, that causes the big fast price movements. Just look at how easily they bought the price $5 up, after months watching $19-20. And why? Because they can't drain off a market without big price movements, and if nobody else is willing, then they cause them. And thus, better to ignore them and wait for their next dump.

7. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I dont actually recall any explination to your prediction that silver will be over $30 by the end of this year, which is looking very unlikely now. So are you trollling?

8. PAGAU

PAGAU New Member

Silver dropped $1.48 before the weekend to AU$23.21. Another drop like that to under AU$22 and I'll START buying. (Answering this threads topic :) ) Under $20 would be back the truck...errrr...no...maybe back the mini-van up ;)