Buying experience at Ainslie

Discussion in 'Silver' started by dragafem, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As a buyer, I'm always at my most vulnerable when leaving the building. You never know who's casing the entrance/exit. Ainsley's old location right beside the GPO, a busy zebra x'ing and a couple of banks was a snatch'n'grab's wet dream. There were always some louts in hoodies and skate shorts n shoes loitering about ;)

I always tried to fit what I could into my pockets rather than carry a bag out of the place. (Winters always good bullion buying weather cause big jackets don't look odd, that said I know 1st hand that hiding 3 kilos of silver on your person can be difficult!)

It's always a good move to hang around on exiting, like you're going to light a smoke or make a phone call when you get outside. Don't rush straight out of the building into their hands. Have a sligh look around to see if you can catch any eye contact or suspicious looking characters. If anything looks wrong, you're only a few steps from the building's security desk/cameras etc. Better to get your bearings there than on a busy street.

And on your way down the street occassionally check behind you to see if there's anyone keeping pace with you. Don't be afraid to have a good look around, USE YOUR EYEBALLS...it's the bad guys that are trying to look inconspicuous...not you! You don't want them following you to your carpark/home/work etc.

2. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

dragafem - call and talk to Ainslie management about this issue!
    They can easily check their CCTV to identify the rude employee!

3. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

I Have to admit I tried to deal with ainslie once by telephone and they were extremely rude ,I would definatly not reccomend them when there are so many good dealers out there.

clawhammer makes a good point ,your best defense is being aware of your surroundings and changing patterns, i also prefer a .45 but that is another thing and I know it is a big no no there in the land of oz.

4. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Always bought from Ainslies never had a problem and people were always nice.

5. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I called them and guess who served me-one of the part-owner....

I also complained by email.

Just another thought about them,they charge fees even if you use your eftpos card,1%,credit card1.7%.So you need to carry all the cash you wanna spend there.Not safe at all!I've been many bullion store and never a surcharge for using my eftpos card.I believe I spent enough money in the store that the profit they made was more than one's monthly wage:)

6. dragafem

I was about to do that when they finally called:)

7. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

This must be new. They always charged the 1.7% for credit, but never used to for eftpos.

8. dragafem

hmmm...interesting...I might call them on Monday and ask just to be clear but they made me go to the bank and get the cash!

9. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A number of my customers have been the victims of armed hold-ups (although in a different industry) and I've had a gun pointed at me as well.

There is a big difference between "good security practices" and "business owner/employee attitude".

You can be an absolute a***hole to people from a security perspective and put them through any number of ridiculous checks and paranoia-induced procedures but so long as you smile and explain exactly what you're doing and why, the vast majority of people will be happy to endure it and leave feeling good about the transaction.

10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This^^

As a customer, I agree with Big A.D. (OMG, I agree with Big A.D.)

11. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They not only charge 1% for eftpos, but they do not even tell you in advance.
    That cost me $50 once. After the invoice came out of the printer I asked them what the hell that is.
    I told them I can be back in 10 minutes as my bank is just around the corner and save 50 bucks. Sorry too late company policy was the answer.

Since they are on the new place they use only unexperienced sales people with absolute no knowledge or experience about PM. Probably they have pervious sales experience, but most likely in the real estate or car sales filed. This is the reason you can not ask them any question and expect intelligent answer. So do not waist your time on that.

12. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

One call to ministry of customer affairs might have solved that. I would have caused a stink. A verbal one and a smelly one if I could muster it.

13. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

[​IMG]
    source: some other silver stacker must have made this

14. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

15. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

Interesting thread, I shall stop going to Ainslie, thanks guys.

16. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

This is my experience too, even when unshaven, wearing old shorts & t-shirt. The person who was ushered in ahead of you could possibly have been a million $ buyer with a pre-arranged appointment. It is a fact of life, that in all spheres of human activity, there will always been an "elite class" who do not have to queue. As for being "rude", we all have our own perceptions of this.

17. dragafem

haha...he bought a kg bar as when he walked out he put the orange bag on the seat and it was obvious what's in it(seethru bag)...and I did spend a little bit more than that:)

18. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

That's true some are just more sensitive than others.

19. dragafem

...me sensitive..pfff...please:) it is more about respect...imo ,if a deal 5mill or $5 the respect should be the same,maybe this part of the world everything is different:)

would you treat your SS buyers differently? I dont think so:)

20. Ossie

Ossie Member

Nothing beats shopping online.

I can have a beard the length of my hand, eye patch on my left eye, wearing taliban like clothes, holding an ak47, a grenade sitting on my desk, tattoos on my bald head and still be treated like every other customer...