Buy Gold Teal - Need information

Discussion in 'Gold' started by samuelbenjamin, Mar 3, 2024.

1. samuelbenjamin

samuelbenjamin New Member

Hi Guys !! one of my friend recently told me that he buys gold (1 Teal) from a wholesale shop in Jordan, I guess they have a branch in Sheung wan also (price is little cheaper in SW), I called them and asked for the price and mode of payment, the guy told me the price and mode of payment CASH.

I am little skeptical about making payment in Cash, do you guys think its a matter or worry ? and another thing I wanted to know If I buy that coin shaped gold (a teal - with the hole in center), can I sell the same in other shops like chow tai fook, luk fook or so.

Also how can I be sure about the purity, I am sorry I am an amateur so may be these questions are silly [​IMG]
    but If any of you bought gold from this shop, do share your thoughts please, want to make little investment at the earliest based on the info I receive.

2. samuelbenjamin

samuelbenjamin New Member

Appreciate your help. Thanks !!

3. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Hi, welcome.
    for me when someone offers me a good deal but only to be paid in CASH, this gives me red flags..regardless whether that person is long time (or best) friend…CASH is KING now…but that doesn’t mean it is not true (good deal)..just proceed with caution…you need to make sure you bring your tools with you and don’t trust other ppl’s tools…this to say that because I only trust my own tools to carry out the checking…

if doesn’t feel right, or doesn’t add up…walk away.

mybullion.com.au likes this.
  4. betterinvestmentthanshare

betterinvestmentthanshare Active Member

Jesus, one of the major points of cash and gold is to stay out of the system.
    I never heard of cash transactions for gold demonised like this on SS before.
    I’ve been ripped off on SS by a well known seller via a bank transfer and postage delivery. Purchased 2 items, packaged in one delivery and only received one item. The seller called me everything under the sun from a thief to an imbecile even after asking for proof of weight when posting, they couldn’t provide.
    And of course, it’s the buyers responsibility
    So how do you protect yourself with a postage transaction like you mention with cash transaction?

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

^ It's critical that feedback on trades be left to ensure the integrity of this platform when trading.

bubblebobble2 likes this.
  6. betterinvestmentthanshare

betterinvestmentthanshare Active Member

I don’t think it would of been of any benefit for the seller or me shiney. It all came down to her word against mine, even though she couldn’t provide proof of weight. I reached out to a few members privately for advice and the consensus was to accept half the loss.
    Ended up going halves in the loss which still….I paid for nothing.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  7. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It wouldn't have helped you but it would have been a red flag for other members should they entertain trading with that member in the future.

RonPaul'sMate likes this.
  8. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mailing cash sounds like a horrible idea.
    Sketchy!