BTC-e withdrawal issues?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by lurk@l0t, Feb 11, 2014.

1. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

I don't want to cause any undue concern here, but I've never had any issues withdrawing coins from BTC-e before - up until this point.

The final step in withdrawing is that they send you a confirmation email - which you can then confirm or cancel ...
    Today I've seen that the confirmation email just never arrives!!? I've tried about 30 times already ... no email!! Therefore no withdrawal.

The funny thing is - I logged a ticket with them about it and the email associated with the ticket landed in my inbox in less than 1 second flat, so clearly there's no issue with them using my email address.
    Yet the withdrawal confirmation email(s) simply never arrive! Therefore coin withdrawals have effectively been halted!

at least in my case they have.

Anyone else having issues?

2. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I've actually withdrawn LTC today (approximately 2 hours ago) without issue.
    Can see the transaction in the block chain.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

you're lucky then. i've been trying the past hour but no luck

5. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

I reckon BTE-e are going down the tubes as well

6. Emanance

Emanance Guest

BTC-E mod Paulgr reckons the best way to get a ticket looked at asap is to translate your support request describing the fault in Russian via Google Translate. along with your english below the Russian. Hope this helps.

I think a lot of nervous investors would of pulled coin out last night because of the Gox Bull Shit Wagon going off a freaking cliff, horses & all. May just be a cold into hot wallet delay caused by the associated volume of withdrawals. I can't see BTC-E missing this opportunity myself. This is their time in the Sun. Their biggest competition just committed Hari Kari and went back to trading role playing cards. For the western word Bitstamp & BTC-E are pretty much it now.

7. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I tried to transfer Bitcoin from my BTer.com account to my Coinjar about 5hrs ago.

Got home not long ago expecting it to be sitting in the Coinjar account.

No such luck.

Checked my BTer account and it had already left the building.
    Under the address code it had processing.

However, when I clicked on the address code it takes me straight to the Blockchain with
    writing "Transaction not found".

Never had a problem before.
    I transferred Bitcoin lastnight to Coinjar from BTer without any problems and then into Cash.
    Took less than 10 minutes.

Just wondering, should I contact BTer, Coinjar or both?

Is this the same type of things others are experiencing?

8. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

BTC e are pretty much the benchmark exchange now I dont think they will fall over,

But for Australia their are far better places to trade,

The sooner you wean off BTC e and Gox the better they are panic feed Cash holes

mcxNOW which is an Aussie owned one, that pays interest, offer a in house coin tied to 1$ as a short

against BTC, plus has a few decent Alts.

And ANXPRO has AU $ exchange.it can be linked to your bank , and now has Doge,

all in AUD which is nice,

9. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

10. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

My own experience with BTC-e along with extensive research on the matter leads me to believe that in certain cases, BTC-e are 100% responsible for the situation where Withdrawal Confirmation emails are not being received - thereby prohibiting one from withdrawing coins from your own account.

I am just not sure what their motive is for "turning off" these emails and thereby stopping you from withdrawing your own coins ... I guess the next couple of weeks will provide the answer to that question, as they very conveniently place a two week freeze on all coin withdrawals if you change your confirmed email address with them.

Now since they make absolutely no attempt to fix the problem causing their system to not send out these confirmation emails one is forced to adopt their suggested solution of 'changing to a GMail account with 2 factor authentication' ...

Having taken up their suggestion, I can confirm that these confirmation emails are still not being sent - not even to my new GMail account. I can only hope that these emails will begin arriving once the "two week withdrawal freeze" period is over. I would expect these emails to be sent to the new address, but perhaps with a note saying something like "sorry, no withdrawals until [Date]..." but instead of this there are simply NO EMAILS!

So basically BTC-e can keep your coins for as long as they wish by simply not sending out a withdrawal confirmation email whenever you attempt to withdraw coins!

The next few weeks will be telling as to what their true motives for this underhanded tactic are.

11. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh wait, I thought Bitcoin was invulnerable?

12. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

Just a quick update. BTC-e have updated my email addie from their side to my new address and now i finally am receiving login confirmation emails again.

But have a 2 week freeze on withdrawals as 'punishment', so just hoping none of my coins grow legs during this period lol

13. BlackViolet

BlackViolet New Member

Hi There!

I am experiencing a similar issue with BTC-e. Can you confirm whether you were able to withdraw your funds at the end of the 2 week freeze period?

It is quite a nerve racking situiation when BTC-e just ignore my support tickets requesting an update.

14. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

Yes, fortunately i could withdraw all.coins after the freeze period.

15. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Never had a problem with BTC-E, aside from the initial transfer freeze they put on my account while they checked my ID (which took 1 month).
    I am now waiting for them to sell on my passport details.

16. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

17. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

Have you transferred fiat into or out of your BTC-e account?

18. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Yes. The initial 1 month ID check period was because I transferred USD into my account. I could trade on BTCE, I just couldn't send anything out of that exchange, BTC, cash, the other alts...nothing. It's all good now, though.