"Blood in the streets".

Discussion in 'Gold' started by JulieW, Jul 2, 2013.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Julie if you listen to Williams, only do so for entertainment purposes. He is a liar and a bad one. On one of his videos, he stated how a general had told him of 7 Middle East nations the US would attack. He named them and then stated that there is a video, go look it up. I did watch the video and he was pathetically wrong.

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

you really have a false sense of importance of government! they are not our saviours - they are our enemy.
    The gold market and every other market will function far better without government than with it.

3. RT

RT New Member

Thats old thinking mate, the way markets used to move. If it were still so, interest rates would not have stayed so low for so long already. The FED has been holding the spring down while it has built pressure up from the bottom. Markets will eventually dictate interest rates again but they will spring way to far in the short term when it happens before finding footing again where they need to be.

Greenspan left a mess going out, Helo Ben will do the same but claim he had it under control if only he had stayed to control it. He is setting the stage for his book deal post employment as we speak!

The next FED chairman will claim hands are tied and sell the whole thing down the river.

Government intervention in ANY area of life is always a bad thing, to claim they somehow fix things ever is just naive. All politicians want to be re-elected and they form policy with that in mind. If someone stepped forward to fix this, it would be political suicide as there needs to now be wide spread pain to do so and while voters may want this to happen, they dont want it to happen to themselves individually. People cant understand it should have happened 5-10 yrs ago and accepted a little pain over a long time so everyone kicks the can until the time when it will be a lot of pain now over a long time and getting worse by the day.

Both sides and supporters in politics points at the other side claiming they are at fault while protecting their own pet policies. Everyone got us to this point and everyone will pay the price in the end because no side was willing to make the stand and make cuts on both sides.

Considering QE should have never happened in the first stage and everyone should have taken the beating in 2008, I doubt QE will be off the table when the US (or any other counrty) cant pay the interest on 17 trillion of debt with interest rates climbing. What in history tells you your assumption is right that QE will stop? While that MAY be the fiscally right thing to do, when has any politician ever taken the right stand and not kicked the can down the road so its someone elses problem?

Just open your eyes for a couple of min, the only thing politicians hope is that when it all stops, they are already retired and sitting back on their FAT inflation indexed pensions while pointing out everything the other side did wrong over the years to cause the problem.

But hey, what would I know, maybe your right and for some unknown and never before seen reason there will be a collective moment of enlightenment in governments where both side will actually do something right for a change for the people they are meant to represent and not just the interest groups who line their collective pockets.

I wont be holding my breath for it though as history has never shown it yet.

4. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of trying to guess what The Fed and U.S government are going to do this year and the next......Especially with so many different opinions on this forum...... Profiting from pms is all about correct timing in the market. Buy in the dips and sell when its sky high.