->Anybody follows the guy at armstrongeconomics.com ?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by worldbubble, Dec 7, 2013.

1. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

Read his last messages at
    http://armstrongeconomics.com
    For sure he has hi own view on things but what was his track record?
    Anybody read his reports? How accurate were they?

Thanks

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Road Home has a man crush for Martin Armstrong. In saying that he's one of the few economists along with Rickards and Feteke that I have been giving any of my time listening or reading to recently.

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Several people think he is great. I followed what he wrote for about a year and my impression is that he is a smart con man. No matter how or when things happen, they always hit his prediction dates. It was ridiculous.

4. Mr Medved

Mr Medved Member

I've been reading his work for about five years. Definitely worth at least exploring his work. I know a few who day trade and find his writings useful.

I don't agree with everything he writes but his insights based on historical data is second to none IMO.

5. trav

trav Member

Armstrong's own blog rebutts him. The guy went to jail for losing money as a FOREX trader and hiding the losses, despite the claims he makes about why he was there. He is a confidence man that "corozoned" his clients. His gold short trade finally worked after blowing up twice. There is no magic computer program that tells you what is going to happen. His commentary in his blogs often twists facts into absurdity. He has my BS detectors running in overdrive. At a minimum, his brain is trapped in the 70's and he is clueless about modern market mechanics.

6. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Whilst he may be accurate, partially or fully, I must admit that Armstrong's writings just do not do it for me - perhaps it's his style? Or alternately, maybe my gut feeling indicates otherwise.

Is there value in his announcements? Absolutely. But then I could say the same of a number of other prominent economists.