2012 RAM 1oz Silver Roo ( Carded UNC )

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by ninteno, Apr 12, 2012.

1. ninteno

ninteno Member

Hi,

the 2012 RAM Kangaroos seems not to be selling well because of very high issu RAM price.
    Are there other sources to get them cheaper. Post office for example. Steave sold the 2011 for less than 50
    and has still some in the shop at this price.

Do you buy at this price ? Whats your opinion ?
    For me it looks like it could be a good invest because nobody wants it and the mintage will be very low.
    I am really sure the 20.000 2011 were sold completely by the mint. Do you think the 2012 will also ?

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi, you could be right, but if they maintain the current RRP its possible it might kill off the interest in the entire set, but in terms of the 2012, i love the Kangaroo Carded series and have most of them, one of the only sets of actually chased.. yet i didnt purchase the 2012.

We shall see

PS: i grabbed some 2011 Kangaroos off Steve also.. they were a great buy for $48 each IMO

1for1

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think my Post Office still has some of the 2011s, they were about $60 if I remember correctly.

Don't think they have sold too many of the 2012s, hard to tell though, the small cabinet is overflowing with all the rubbish the RAM has been spewing out recently.

4. goldilox

goldilox Member Silver Stacker

pretty sure the 2011s were $50 from the post office.
    when the 2012s came out they were priced at $60 ? from the post office, maybe able to still score some at that price, but the ones i have seen have now been price adjusted to $87 or so.
    i knew it would have been good to get them in the $60-range (because the official release price was higher) but it was still too exxy for me.
    i am sure they will not sell out the set mintage at that price.

5. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree re the price being too high. I have/had most of the issues (often in multiples) but decided against the 2012.

Now that i know that i'm not going to finish and the desire to collect a set has gone I'm selling the whole lot.
    This was potentially the first set of ANYTHING that i nearly completed... damn!

6. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Problem is you speculate as to what the mint will do if sales are low.
    They might decide to just leave the mintage wherever it gets to, as they did with the 2008 (which now commands high premiums).

Or they might mint all 20,000 regardless and then dump them on the market next year if they haven't all sold.
    That is what I believe they did with the 2011 - although they will never officially admit to it.

7. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

2012 Kanagroo @ Australia Post are also $87.00 which is the RAM release price. I havent seen them anywhere cheaper than $87 which is a joke for 1oz carded coin that I bought the 2011 Roo for $45ea last year !

I have several of each carded Roo from 1993 to 2011 but havent got the 2012 and wont be getting it at $87 a coin either. My set ends with 2011 !

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

9. silverfever

silverfever New Member