2012 5oz Proof Lunar Dragon - The First 5oz Proof Lunar!

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by Holdfast, May 2, 2012.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Guys, there's been a few comments regarding the price of the up and coming release of the 5oz Proof Dragon (05 June2012)

For the new guys on the forum, you may not realise that the 5oz proof, lunar series 2 coins haven't been minted before.

There's no 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2011 5oz proof coins.

If you check the numismatic mintages on Perth's web site you'll see what I mean; also check the latest comlaw, you'll see there's no 2013 -5oz proof snake.

Numismatic mintages
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/numismatic-mintages.aspx

So...the coin might be expensive but in the years to come, it may be "the" coin to have.

The 5oz proof Dragon will be unique.

Holdfast

2. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

3. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This one comes without milk spots then?

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you ever purchased a Proof coin with milk spots from Perth or are you one of the sheep who go blabbing off without any evidence?

So what coins do you buy sunny, so that I can bad mouth your favourite coins.

It's people like you that broadcast un-warranted and misleading information that damages a good company and really pisses off people who want to buy coins that you obviously can't afford.

If you have had a problem with a purchase, Perth has a 30 day money back guarantee and...if you purchase from a dealer, the dealer can return the coin, either way the customer wins.

Next time, post something useful instead of rubbish or if you have a legitimate gripe with a coin-purchase get off your arse and post the image plus, who and where you bought it from; other wise button-up!

H

5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

can't wait any longer!

want too put it side by side the other lunar 5 ozers

wish that the koalas proof were HR as well. :(

6. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

wtf?

7. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

lot of firsts this year :(

will this coin be high relief ?

8. Ghost Story

i think maybe the milk spots were as a result of milking :)

9. Ghost Story

every Dragon coin i have has been the coin to have LOL. feels a bit like gound hog day with this stuff.

10. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know a dealer who's got 30 1/2oz Coloured proof dragons that have developed milk spots. I was in his shop while he was opening all the boxes to check them. He's been knocking back offers from the Perth Mint to take more of the dragon releases too.

I haven't bought any myself and I don't intend to either.

And yeah, I could post pics but frankly I can't be bothered arguing about coins I have no interest in anyway.

11. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

2013 LUNAR SNAKE - PRIVY MARK ISSUE (Item 54)

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...........

12. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

2013 Snake variants in silver will be:-

High Relief - > The design for this 2013 Australian Lunar Year of the Snake (1oz) silver coin consists of a representation of a snake entwined on a branch, surrounded by a pattern of lines. The coin includes the inscriptions 'Year of the Snake' along with the Pinyin pictograph pronounced 'sh' and meaning 'snake'

Proof - > The design for the 2013 Australian Lunar Year of the Snake (1kg, 2oz, 1oz and 1/2oz) silver proof coins consists of a representation of a snake entwined on a branch, surrounded by a pattern of lines. The coins include the inscriptions 'Year of the Snake' along with the Pinyin pictograph pronounced 'sh' and meaning 'snake'.

Bullion - > The design for the 2013 Australian Lunar Year of the Snake (10kg, 1kg, 10oz, 5oz, 2oz, 1oz and 1/2oz) silver bullion coins consists of a representation of a snake entwined on a branch, surrounded by a pattern of lines. The coins include the inscriptions 'Year of the Snake' along with the Pinyin pictograph pronounced 'sh' and meaning 'snake'.

Coloured Proof - > The design for the 2013 Australian Lunar Year of the Snake (1kg, 1oz and 1/2oz) silver proof coloured coins consists of a representation of a coloured snake entwined on a branch, surrounded by a pattern of lines. The coins include the inscriptions 'Year of the Snake' along with the Pinyin pictograph pronounced 'sh' and meaning 'snake'.

Bullion Coloured - > The design for the 2013 Australian Lunar Year of the Snake (1kg, 10oz, 5oz, 2oz, 1oz and 1/2oz) silver bullion coloured coins consists of a representation of a coloured snake entwined on a branch, surrounded by a pattern of lines. The coins include the inscriptions 'Year of the Snake' along with the Pinyin pictograph pronounced 'sh' and meaning 'snake'.

Gilded - > The design for this 2013 Australian Lunar Year of the Snake (1oz) silver gilded coin consists of a representation of a gilded snake entwined on a branch, surrounded by a pattern of lines. The coin includes the inscriptions 'Year of the Snake' along with the Pinyin pictograph pronounced 'sh' and meaning 'snake'.

Gem Eye - > The design for this 2013 Australian Lunar Year of the Snake (1kg) silver coloured coin consists of a representation of a coloured snake with a gemstone inset into its eye, entwined on a branch, surrounded by a pattern of lines. The coin includes the inscriptions 'Year of the Snake' along with the Pinyin pictograph pronounced 'sh' and meaning 'snake'.

Privy Marked - > The design for this 2013 Australian Lunar Year of the Snake coin consists of a representation of a snake entwined on a branch, surrounded by a pattern of lines. The coin includes the inscriptions 'Year of the Snake' along with the Pinyin pictograph pronounced 'sh' and meaning 'snake'.

Interesting that the Dragon Privy description spelled out a lion on the coin but the Snake version makes no mention of what the privy stamp will be.

13. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Probably a dragon :eek:

14. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

Dragons Gallor

15. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the privy must be a koala :p

16. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

What about those who bought their PM coin from the Post office?

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-24490-milk-spots-on-colored-proof-dragons.html

17. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Assuming $500 cost on this?? :rolleyes:

18. ziling2000

ziling2000 New Member

More dargons to come????????