The New 1/2 oz Croc is a Boat?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Jislizard, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]
    Source: http://services2.au.trclient.com/online/18246297-136.html

New 1/2 oz coin, $4.95 over spot, in the tube thingy. Does that count as a low premium?

Does that mean the 1/2 oz coins are not really an ongoing series as such or are we going to get a couple of different series in this size?

2. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

I like it, first there was the 1/2 oz shark then the 1oz croc now this 1/2 oz.
    Perth Mint seems finally be varying its bullion products, with out ridiculous premiums for a box and certificate.
    I'm a little more interested in whats coming next, and I have been a Perth Mint hater for some time.
    They may sway me yet. :p

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There two distinct series being released: the 1/2oz silver Australia+America coins and the 1oz silver native animal (crocodile first, no idea what comes next).

The only thing in common is that they both come in tubes rather than capsules.

5. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

$5 over spot?! ..neh, aint nobody got time for that.
    but looking at that pic the perth mint seems to have made that coin tube fit perfectly for the coins inside.
    makes u wonder why the hell they purposely made the croc tube not fit the coins they were designed for..

6. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

beats the crap out of them putting privy's on the kooks and lunar's

Think someone at the mint has been listening to our opinions on them and is trying something new :)

7. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

Is that $5 over spot per coin or per ounce?

8. Ossie

Ossie Member

They are a little priceier than the 1oz crocs, they seem to do very well overseas. Esp the US...
    Nice little series though..

9. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

I can only speak for myself but I would not be so sure that these will do well here. $5 over spot for a bullion 1/2 oz? Plus the ship image could have been a much better design IMHO. Like the idea and the theme and agree it is good for PM to get more into low premium bullion but not sure this fits the bill. I pass.

10. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

5 bucks over spot, are they nuts?

11. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

Wow, per coin. That is roughly 45% over spot. Isn't that in the lunar range? Bit nuts aye.

12. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

That image says "Oh, ohhh---Warning Sign!" to me... The way the ship has a real "bright silver" appearance and the background looks kind of buff... That's the way they did the Croc and it makes me suspect this one is their next "ultra-shallow relief" product. No, thanks. I'm not hopping on this bandwagon.

The image also looks like they put a spacer inside the tube to keep the coins from crashing around, which is good. I guess that tube is the new world order, one-size-fits-all PM tube and they'll just use different spacers for different size coins they distribute in that tube/box storage system.

I really hope PM doesn't get stupid, do a Scrooge McDuck on us and move Koalas, Kooks and Lunars out of individual capsules and into that damn tube. That would be a disastrous move.

13. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Surely everyone must be over war by now? how many coins have the perth mint made of warships, battles, navy, army, airforce, geez, world war 2 was 70 years ago, forget about it.
    We don't glorify war in Australia, we mourn the loss of thousands for fighting in stupid wars, why do mints feel the need to glorify war so much?
    I understand americans love it, anything military related is #1, but we're not americans and war is crap, nothing good comes out of war, except perth mint's bottom line by the looks.

14. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Really? Was it necessary to insult a large number of forum members to make your point? Pretty sweeping generalization that I'm sure you would not appreciate if the roles were reversed. This is an Australian based site (and the best site for stackers I might add) but the members are a global community.

15. miniroo

speak for yourself and not a large number of forum members.
    where you insulted? ohh... diddums.

oh hang on, I searched your name, hellcat, associated with war, typical, Jerk.
    so you were insulted because your a war freak, gimme a break.

16. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Sorry to say but you come off as pretty hateful and quick to sling insults for someone so dedicated to peace in our time, "jerk" and "freak" are words you used, not me. On a brighter note, you certainly don't seem to speak for a large number of forum members, nearly all of whom I have found to be friendly and helpful, where ever they come from. I will leave you then to your anger, try not to let it consume you.

17. miniroo

ooh yeah, I'm an angry ant, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Nah, you got cut 'cos it hit home that's all.

18. miniroo

so yeah, I think perth mint should steer clear of war and military crap, leave that to other parts of the world if that's what they want to think about.

what about a series called, make love, not war?
    They could do different coins with images from the karma sutra, there's so many positions the series could go on forever.

19. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

I'm glad you're convinced you're so much holier than all of us dirty Yanks.

On your point about how Americans glorify war, you should try doing a little research about the American anti-Vietnam war protest movement back in the 60's and 70's. You might learn a few things that don't conform to your predetermined conclusions and prejudiced views. You might even learn that the saying "Make love, not war" (which you use as if it originated it) was among the many contributions of the American protesters who made up that movement. Here's a link to get your research started --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_love,_not_war

The certainty of your opinion that nothing good ever comes out of war is interesting, too. According to your brand of thinking, the defeat of Hitler's death machine wasn't any kind of good. I don't share that opinion with you and I don't think many Australians would share it with you, either.

That being said, I'm done with your silly little pissing contest. Please feel free to come back, give us some more demonstrations of your intellectual prowess and magnificent insights by hawking up some more of your gobs of venom and get in that beloved "last word." The stage is now all yours, so enjoy yourself.

20. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

America does like to push its weight around, since WW11 it has been in quite a few conflicts
    Cold War
    Korean War
    Vietnam War
    Gulf War
    war on terror (Iraq war, Afghan War, )
    Chinese Civil War
    Greek Civil War
    French Indochina War
    first and second Taiwan Strait Crisis
    Congo Crisis
    Bay of pigs invasion
    invasion of Dominican Republic
    Soviet War against Afghanistan
    Nicaraguan Civil War
    Invasion of Grenada
    Invasion of Panama
    War on the streets of America
    These do not include peace keeping duties where America also gets into fights.
    Or conflicts America supplies the arms to.

America also celebrates the soldier, just need to watch Rambo to see how good they are. Hollywood loves to portray the marine as a 1 man army that can conquer countries, and American's keep lapping it up.

Then there is the private military forces such as Blackwater and G4S that are superpowers for hire. These private armies go where ever they want with no accountability, doing the bidding for the US.

War is definitely part of the American psyche.