Unfortunate Timing with a Dealer Today

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Numismatist, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Kawa

Kawa New Member

I have bought bars that have gone down $100 dollars before I have transferred the money.

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

You're assuming he has time to frequent the forum.

3. Ossie

Ossie Member

Ok, I just came across this post, and I'm in a hurry so will reply quickly!

Occasionally I do a search for our company name on SS to see everything is Honky dory with our customers. We have been flat out lately as we are in the middle of a massive upgrade and overhaul to our website platform. ( More on this later)

So I missed this post, (would have been nice if someone contacted us to explain the situation).

There is no way we would have jacked up the price of a product by 50 cents merely because we knew someone was going to "THINK" about buying a coin. It takes too much time and effort to do this.
    Yes the price was raised due to the availability of these 2013 kooks, we noticed ALL other dealers had done the same and our 2013 kooks were quickly getting depleted so a price rise was in order to reflect market value. (At the time the price was still the cheapest for 2013 kooks as I recall because i was the one who authorized the price right when one of the staff brought it to my attention).

I don't know who took the OPs call but from his call to when the price was raised could have been a mere coincidence (ie. another couple hundred kooks sold so the price was raised) If the OP was locking in, you could have rung back and said "hey i called 5 minutes ago saying i was going to buy these kooks now the price is 50 cents higher!" someone in the office would have done something about it!

If not, Im always here and easily reachable!

We strive on honest and fair dealing in everything we do and to make an extra $50 bucks out of someone and lose potential customers is far too damaging, and we realize that!

Any of our existing customers can vouch for our dealings and the way we operate. I get pretty upset when this stuff pops up and i dont become aware of it.

If the OP is still interested in Kooks get in touch with me and im sure we can sort you out somehow!

4. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Existing customer happy to say ALL my dealings with BM have been great!

5. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

... absolutely, 100%.

Ossie and Bullion Money are a class act in this business.

Congratulations on your nomination in the Symposium Annual Awards BTW. Will see you there.

6. montecristo4

montecristo4 New Member

I can second this. Thanks BM

7. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

I am another very happy repeat customer of Ossie and the gang at Bullion Money.

I have always found him more than accomodating when it comes to keeping customers happy and I can therefore wholeheartedly recommend them.

8. Byron

Byron Guest

Thirded.

They must be busy, last few times I went in to take a look Ossie was nowhere to be seen, probably working hard and his offsider served me. Nice bloke too.

Looking forward to the updates.

9. Numismatist

Numismatist New Member

Good to have a response finally, however it is probably a bit too late to swing me back.

Just to re-iterate what happened:

I rang up late in the morning and spoke to the Older fellow who works there. One big reason why I called apart from a stock check of 60 coins, was that I wanted to know if your company could throw in the standard cardboard Perth mint box for coins (5 rolls) as i already had 2 rolls of Kooks which i bought a month ago also from you. The older fellow said yes he could throw in the box. Great! so i thought.

Now I work up the road from your office so my intention was to pop in at lunch time to pick up, However soon after the phone conversation the prices shot up (50 cents an oz) before i managed to put an order in online. Hence my disappointment.

So I thought I wait until after lunch and see if the premium went down in the afternoon, Come around 1.45pm the premiums hadn't changed so I did actually ring up to see what was going on and try and negotiate the previous price.

I spoke to the young fella who's always behind the counter and greets customers, good bloke he is too btw. Friendly and always good for a quick chat. Now still wanting the coins and being keen I straight asked him if your company would be willing to take 30 cents off the price for each of 60 coins, he put me on hold for not very long and obviously went to speak to someone in your company about this. He came back apologized and told me he couldn't budge a single cent on the price and that was that.

So after all that I simply decided not to go ahead.

I have had previously good experiences with your company and exclusively only dealt with you, however this threw me out and made me explore other options. I did manage to find the '13 Kooks at a cheaper premium elsewhere and went there to purchase.

I appreciate your response Ossie and I know you probably run a tight ship however as a customer I did try to sort this out before I went elsewhere and there's really nothing more to add except that I have managed to start new relationships with other PM vendors which has opened up a different and interesting product range of metals to add to my stack.

Cheers

[​IMG]
    Call log from my mobile that day. BM's PH number in arvo

Also for those new to this thread, I am talking about the comparative premium price on Perth Mint Coins not the actual Silver spot price