Zombucks Premium Phase

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Nabullion Dynamite, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

A coworker was tight on cash and needed to sell all his silver. Our LCS was only going to give him .25 underspot for his first 4 zombuck silver rounds. To help him out I purchased them for about 75% of what they go for on ebay even though I had no interest in them really.

Right now they are building a decent premium, using ebay as reference since that is where I would unload them "The Walker" sells for $50 "Morgue Anne" for $36 and the other to follow go down from there.

If I sold them right now after fees I would recoup my cash and break even, I lost nothing and my coworker got helped.

I'm new too collector bullion, do you think this is a phase and the premium will drop later after they are forgotten? Shoud I hang on to them and see if the others go up. I know coins like the ATB go up and will always be disired for completing sets but I'm not sure about these.

2. atlas

atlas Member

3. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

This ^ --strike while the iron is hot

4. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

+another 1... Dump that stuff while it's still oh-so-popular, take the money, run for your life and never look back over your shoulder. Once the zombie rounds tempest in the teapot is over, all that stuff is destined for the LCS secondary generic silver bucket @ $2 over spot. Put the money into a tube of the next 1oz issue of Perth Lunars the week that they come out and later on, you'll be very happy you did.

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^Good advice there. Releases like these usually lose that high premium quickly so something like lunars or the ATB's (preferable if you're in the US) would probably be a better play in the long run.

Then again, silver Morgue Anne have an estimated mintage of about 41k so could also be worth hanging on to them as it seems to be one of the more popular designs.

Have a look at premiums on previous release and base your decision on that. I think the original round is still doing well.