Your Top 5 "how to get/stay rich" books

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by t.shields, Dec 13, 2011.

1. t.shields

t.shields Member

Please share ones that have made an impact in your financial life and actually worked for you. There are thousands of titles to choose from and the reviews out there don't necessarily translate into realistic or practical advise... some of them may even have high ratings mainly because it's entertaining. I'd rather hear it from people in this forum with similar interests. Please feel free to add a review if you feel like it. Thanks.

2. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

The Millionaire Next Door - the most important thing is not how much you earn, but how much you spend. Though earning more isn't a bad thing either...

3. t.shields

t.shields Member

I recently finished Rich dad poor dad and thought it had very valid points. I'm now reading Richest man in Babylon but barely started it so don't really have anything to say about it yet. Has anyone read Scott Pape's Barefoot Investor book?

4. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Have you got good health? Have you got people that you love and they love you..Have you a roof over your head? Do you get 3 feeds a day and never go to bed hungry.

Answer Yes to all questions?

YOU ARE RICH!

And have you got a silver coin put away for a rainy day?

Regards Errol 43

5. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I have read the barefoot investor and honestly nothing in there that anyone with some common sense would already know. I think it is aimed more at the 20 something market almost a beginners book.

6. plata

plata Member Silver Stacker

very wise man I must say!
    but there is a problem, people is never satisfied, everyone wants more

Better put few more silver coins for a rainy day...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know about you, but I HATE working for frakking idiots in a dreary 9-5 job that I hate on a fixed salary.

You can go to sleep at night and be poor, but satisfied with your ideals if you please, but damn it I want to be wealthy and independent!

I can't stand being locked in a cage and having to answer to people I consider morons, as well as pay out massive amounts of salary so they can live it up at my expense.

I have no real self respect as I cannot stand on my own two feet right now. How can a man look in a mirror with self respect and admit he's a wage slave?

Knowing what he knows about the system, but still remain a complicit victim of it daily, trying to kid himself he's a 'bigger man' because he has moral character?

Utter tripe.

Time to go for the throat. No regret. No remorse. No mercy.

I'd rather have the pious label me and be free of the system than remain their 'brother' in poverty.

It's all a question of choice.

8. Savige Silver

Savige Silver New Member

Think and grow rich has been around for decades but is still current. Open at any page and you are bombarded with positive thoughts and ideas.

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

My opinion is books are great for the fundamentals but having a good mentor that knows the ropes is priceless.Make friends with business people & ask questions ...lots of questions.Most will be more than happy to give you the answers.

10. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

So true, that reminds me of the scene from Apocalypto... very poignant...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wi7nZVNssk[/youtube]

Beautiful scene from an interesting movie...

Anyway, back on topic. I'd second Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Nobody walks away from that book without a changed way of thinking.

I would also recommend Screw It, Lets Do It by Richard Branson. Not a particularly complex book, its only pretty small, but its quite inspiring and gives you belief in what you want to do. Gonna be giving this another read shortly :D

11. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Auspm.. each person runs down his own road..It's no good running harder if you are running down the wrong road.

If thats the way you feel Auspm, I feel sure that one day you will no longer have to work for a boss, you will have ample lots of silver, gold and $ to sustain your dreams..

When you have all these things will Auspm be the same person.

I don't know. Maybe the fire in his belly may be gone.

I like the old Auspm, the one that attacks the banksters , the politicians and the corrupt. The one that provides links so that the uniformed learn some true facts.

I don't know if i will like the new rich Auspm but only time will tell.

Regards Errol 43

12. Philski

Philski Member

Any of them is good if it motives you and sends you on the right path. i flicked through rich dad poor dad only yesterday and felt empowered again by it. So that gets my tick off the top of my head.

13. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

Auspm, your supressed anger is surfacing........... rapidly........do not lose your......authentic.....self in the process. ;)