your thoughts on gold price in the next 21days

Discussion in 'Gold' started by 2nd_Hand_Gold_Man, Feb 20, 2016.

1. 2nd_Hand_Gold_Man

2nd_Hand_Gold_Man Member

yo yo (up and down) and down and up ?? were it goes NOBODY knows :rolleyes:

2. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Woop-de-doo, that's just normal volatility. Gold has moved that much in a day countless times, and it wasn't because of a fed rate change.

3. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

why 21 days, sub $1000 somewhere in a future, I'd say. Likely in the next crisis, after the decade high stock market institutionals finished their sell on strength, and the mass suckers fight for the remainder of the uptrend, $1000 $900 $800. Maybe I'll buy an ounce gold then, just to have one haha. Gonna need to chose carefully which design. :D

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Gold dropping just after a major terror attack in Europe....why?

Because the US dollar is rising against most major currencies......gold typically has an inverse relationship with the U.S. dollar.

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I don't think that terrorism story had any influence on commodities. At least, can't see any.
    http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=DX&p=m1
    [​IMG]
    The US dollar sits on the same high as in 2008 and has seen a post 2000 record top in 2015, so unless we "go back" to the pre-euro 19xx, it looks unlikely that the US dollar won't be dumped big time in the near (months) future. Because keeping currencies within defined allowed limits, is one of the prime directives of the worlds central banksters.
    About that inverse relationship, true, but the strength of it isnt constant. I've noticed that the most proportional relationship occurs near gold peaks, and the least near gold bottoms. A possible explanation is that the cash market tends to drive the price more at price bottoms, while the term market (futures) tend to do that at price peaks.