Your strategy during the last silver spike $50

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Ipv6Ready, Apr 17, 2016.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I'd been watching sliver since before then as a tyke and sold some pre decimal I had but ducky really stack at low $40's.

Thing is, you gotta read thec play. Plenty said it was going higher including TA guys, but the situation and stability were getting better or sideways so there were reasons to think that safety and a flight to a new gold standard or Chinese announcements weren't gonna happen.and on retrospect we should have seen it was only speculation driving prices.

So your exit this time should look at whether the spike is because of something getting worse or unchanging rather than getting better. If money isn't coming out the ATM you wanna hold and sell the day before they start working again. That sort of thing. You like Jom Rickards then hold the stuff till paper is just paper.

Mine is just to get money out the bank and then to sell when the last desperate person gets an ounce and things are stabilizing.

Your job is to look hard at the spike times and see if the general economic situation is getting better. Last time QE and public money keeping big names like GM and ford alive without that the wheels really would have fallen off and all the golf and silver predictions would have come true (the real ones not the 50oz ag house ones). Next time there might not be money printing as an option, that might be seen through, wheels might fall off, might not sell the stuff, might buy fine art with it, really ancient coins, houses.

The middle upper class and running a business rich will be hardest hit, wonder what the discount on a 45' near new boat is in a collapse environment? I'm guessing it's pretty big, 6 birth, live in it, sail on it. What's the discount on an Astin martin when nobody has money, everyone liquidating to raise capital and you have hard money. I'd be smarter than that, get myself something fun, mid 2000's m3 or 86.

If the wheels really fall off then the hard money crowd will live a little easier. Have a little fun.