Your proof proves you wrong

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by alor, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

What's interesting is how many Oz folks hate the US, which I know why they feel that way based on many posters here telling me why.

But I don't know any US folks who hate Australia or its people. Most people in the US (myself included) don't have much info on Oz folks. I always thought the folks were more like Crocodile Dundee and not a bunch of left leaning folks (I know some aren't that too). I had no idea till I started posting here.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/09/world/us-firefighters-cheered-airport-trnd/index.html

Shaddam IV likes this.
  2. paruwka

paruwka Member

Avoid conspiracy theories about squawk codes, military planes typically have squawk off during over hostile geography. Also, the Iranian missile launch site is close to the civil airport and would be expected to know all flight movements, particularly in a time of increased tension.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. USS Vincennes - stupidity, MH17 - stupidity, flight 752 - stupidity.

When it was malice: KAL007 in 1983 (USSR shot down) and Polish President’s plane 2010 (Russia still refusing to release aircraft wreckage to Poland because they are still ‘investigating’).

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Aussies don't hate America, t's just the inner-city hipsters lead by the radical left national broadcaster the ABC. Ignore them, they are idiots. Depressive, narcissistic evolutionary dead-ends. Don't take it personally, they hate everything because they hate themselves but haven't figured it out yet.

wrcmad and Jim4silver like this.
  4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

82223766_145755990181930_7199219633184833536_n.jpg

serial likes this.
  5. paruwka

paruwka Member

Jim, I doubt that many Aussies ‘hate’ Americans. Naturally, I only have anecdotal evidence based on my own life. In my view, it’s President Trump’s seemingly mercurial, petulant and self-aggrandizing behaviour that annoys Aussies (and I would think a lot of other nationalities). Aussies generally don't like blowing their own horn (or trumpet lol). As for right and left leaning...ahhh most of us are too laid to get into labels. What matters is what a person does, you help out your mates, help out your country, you give a hand up - not a hand out. FWIW, I can not stand bbq’ed prawns.

Jim4silver and Shaddam IV like this.
  6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker