You Predict: what week will silver break through the US $18 mark

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mmissinglink, Apr 28, 2016.

1. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

What happened to all the 'silver going down to' $12/$10/$8/$5/$0 threads ?

2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I predict silver will go to US $19 next week.

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

If silver happens to hit US $20 in the days or weeks to come, that will still be less than half of it's 2011 high and considerably less than when I first started buying into silver.

Just saying.

4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I know I give dccpa a hard time, but it is all tongue and cheek. I happen to agree that this move in silver is too much too soon. Seems as though 'Trader Dan' thinks the Bill Hotlers of the world are out to lunch. LOL. I happen to agree. We shall see in due time. Lots of good charts on the latest post on Dan's blog.

https://traderdan.com/?p=11139

5. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pity "Trader Dan" did not predict this recent move up in PM ? Perhaps its a bit of sour grapes. He was talking the market down on the commercial shorts. Those shorts must be getting pretty tight. Perhaps Trader Dan made the wrong trade ?

6. barsenault

We shall see. And perhaps he did. Doesn't take away his warning to be careful out there. To much too soon, IMHO, but doesn't really matter t me. I hold phiz and have a good chunk. I just think the daily chart is screaming, 'nose bleed.'

7. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Agreed stackers of physical who are in this long term don't give a hoot. Trading is not my thing. I am not sure this is over yet and we may see another $ move up before we correct ? Who knows.

8. barsenault

Right, who knows and who cares, right? My ounces are the same whether 10.00 or 100. Yeah, the value changes, but I'm in this for the long-term, because I don't see how the world central banks can continue to paper, digitalize over the problems. I'm sure they can continue the game a lot longer than we care to admit.

I think 18.50 is the line in the sand, and then a little fall/consolidation around the 16 mark. I don't trade paper either. I suck at it. I only play the physical market (ownx.com), and only a few ounces. And by play, I just recently sold some after 3 years, hoping for a lower prices to buy more at cheap prices. LOL.

9. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver might go up high per ounce in financial meltdown, but that would only be temporary and when market stabilises it will come down again, are you just planning to watch your wealth go up and sit idly by and see it go down?

Only nuclear armegaddon will keep silver silver high I would think.

10. barsenault

Well, that is the trick, right? Knowing when to sell? Some say that you want to hold on to the stuff no matter the price, and just wait for the current paper money to go away (be worthless) and have your metals preserve your wealth for the next currency introduction, yes? Every fiat currency has gone away in about 40 years? We are long over due, if true. So, when do I sell? I'm not sure. Do you? I hope I'm smart enough to know when is good.

11. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The British pound has been around for hundreds of years, but keep this news quiet. The pm newsletter writers don't want anyone to know that.

12. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

That true but it use to be worth a pound of sterling?

13. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Silver have a chance to break $18 this week

14. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Things change. A Roman soldier's pay was less than 5 grams of silver/day. Would you work for 5 grams of silver? As a long term investment, silver has been a terrible investment.

http://coins.about.com/od/coinsglossary/g/denarius_define.htm

15. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Things do change. Once a pound sterling was worth a pound of sterling, a penny was made out of silver then copper then bronze. Then the pound was decimalised in 71 and eventually the penny was made of copper clad steel. The pound today isn't the pound it use to be so it's really the exemption that proves the rule.

16. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

The huge amount of silver made available by the spaniards during south American colonial periods had a large impact on that. The number of people on earth changes that though, I terms of silver/person alive.

The question is will it be the backup to the financial system when money has a reset.

Certainly I think gold is going to be the way big settlements are made. This will be big for silver, if silver becomes the daily coinage again then we're home free.

Whatever the case it's looking up.

17. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the last week in June for silver to break $18 USD.

Anyone want to give me some odds on it?

18. Flyinfree

Flyinfree Well-Known Member

Til today, there are more than one billion people in the world earned less than one dollar a day........which is much less than 5 grams of silver!!!!!

19. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The Roman soldiers were part of an Empire that controlled much of the world. Not sure what has subsistence living by the poorest of the poor has to do soldier's pay in the world's top military. US soldiers aren't paid a lot of money, especially for what they do. But if you tried to get them to work for 5 grams of silver a day, you might find yourself on the wrong end of target practice.

20. Steel_Eyes

Steel_Eyes New Member

I think that this years charts will echo last years'. So silver's high will be in May (or maybe that near brush at $18 in April), and then down it goes for the summer and fall before going back up again for a while. Maybe I'm wrong though. Just a hunch.

Weren't those Roman soldiers making more than the average Roman citizen (particularly when you factor in bonuses and food)? That's the real key. They made considerably less than officers, but they most likely were still middle class in comparison to the average citizen, so 5 grams was probably not bad.

Roman soldiers today might get around 8 ounces a day. Actually, no. They'd get paid in whatever fiat currency Ceasar rolled out, and they'd just deal with it so long as they got more than others.