You guys still buying?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Orbit, Nov 16, 2014.

1. balandadale

balandadale New Member

Good evening to all,

I throw this open for discussion and "advice". I was doodling, as one does at my age, (64 redundancy and hating it!!) through the silver websites as I have been a stacker for approx 7 years. I thought to myself - self - "bugger this mucking about - why not buy 25kgs of silver (in bars) and be done with it". I then looked at some of the various seller in Australia and found a decent enough variety in prices (used 100 gram bars as a common denominator) to think that I should put it to some sort of tender. I have the wherewithall to make the purchase and am sick of phucking around buying "bargains" here and there. It would be a retirement nest egg. Being ex RAN I can handle weapons and look forward to the challenge of protecting it come the Zombies (which should be fun). What do you think guys???

2. Orbit

Orbit New Member

Interesting. I understand where you're coming from, but it's not only about getting the best bang for your buck. I enjoy this as a hobby to this point.

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would only do that if I were confident a bottom has been found in the silver price. If the price goes lower the only consolation you can have is if you have not completed your stack and can now buy 'cheaper'. That's assuming you do not have some hedging strategy going. If you've already bought all you want in one whack then all you can do is watch as the value of your stack diminishes, no consolation of being able to buy a bit more at the lower price.
    To reiterate though, if you think you can pick the bottom, and have decided this is it, then your plan is the best.

BTW - if you've just been retired, using your living time without structure from outside is not easy at first

4. trader10

trader10 Member

The crucial point here is after the 30th of November(Swiss Referendum)... it will dictate what might happen... the bigs might dump a big load of contracts on or after the results....

Remember that saying.... buy on rumour and sell on fact.......

Last dip for me was on the 13th.... not silver... it was gold

cheers

Trader10 :)

5. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was thinking of buying one or two gold sovereigns to add to my current collection of 1 (thanks to a kind SS member).

6. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

Yea I bought some 2015 kookaburras yesterday and some canadian milk.

7. MrLeprechaun

MrLeprechaun Member

Might indeed :p

As an aside, I applaud the Swiss referendum campaign but I'm unconvinced that a win for the 'Yes' vote will provide the catalyst that will vault gold (and silver) prices higher, even in the longer term, as some are hoping for. I mean we know that the Chinese, Russians et al have been gobbling up 000's of tonnes in physical gold over the last couple of years and yet gold (and silver) prices have only been heading south - what's 1500 tonnes over 5 years (assuming that the SNB acquiesces and takes up all demands of the initiative)? Surely, it's going to take more than this referendum to break the banking cartel's paper games...

If the bigs do dump a bunch of contracts on or just after November 30, I personally will not be that disappointed in the short term - I will be ready with my fiat to pick up some more phyz on the cheap :D

Cheers,
    ML

8. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I think part of the reason the Chinese buying hasn't had the effect people want is because the figures are so hazy, it suits the Chinese to be able to pretend they have more or less than they actually have at various times. If they ever float the yuan though they will have to provide solid figures and it might have the effect we're looking for. Plus, if they aren't done buying it makes sense they would do whatever they could to prevent their purchases and holdings from raising the price.

On its own the Swiss move might not be huge but if it even spurs rumors of many other countries following suit and it being part of a trend, even if it doesn't wash out, it could load to a temporary rise with trapping advantage of.

9. trader10

trader10 Member

I try to buy on or just after large volume dip days.... we are due for one any day or week now IMHO...... put that $$$$ aside for it ML....

cheers :)

10. trader10

trader10 Member

I wonder who are the "biggies" that have bought in last Friday - massive contract volumes.... and I wonder if they will ask for delivery......volumes were very significant....