You couldn't make it up......

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SteveS, Sep 6, 2016.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Glittery Scrotums Are The Latest Dog Grooming Trend And Why Not?

How far would you go to show off your pet?

Some dogs have their own Instagram and Facebook pages, others are dressed up in ribbons and bows, carried in bags, even employed as professional personalities. If the pictures are proof, most of these pets are having a ball.

Speaking of which…

The latest trend to displace the better judgement of otherwise responsible pet parents has emerged. Dog owners are covering their canine companions’ most sensitive areas with glitter.

https://familypet.com/glitter-balls...hqgeMDP_cH8NNIdkPoY-wKT7wLRFrCREDoC0GTOyRdVQo

glitter-balls-2.jpg

2. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh dear.. poor Rover. Someone will steal this idea for Mardi Gras....

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sick.

66rounds likes this.
  4. Oddjob

Just a thought...if you got Rover fixed after that, you could then hang them on the Xmas tree.

66rounds and wrcmad like this.
  5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had a thought..... is glitter ingestion hazardous to poor old rover when he licks his own balls?

66rounds likes this.
  6. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

How about this. -

As we speak there is 360 Billion locusts and growing chomping there way through the Middle East and Africa.

Quote - Biblical proportions :confused:

That is a lot of locusts in a anyones opinion eating what foot there is grow,this world is getting grimmer and grimmer by the day.

Yep the mainstream media are all over it :rolleyes:

Source - The Economical Collapse.

7. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We use to call it knacker lacquer!

8. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Looking at that poochie photo.....gives me an idea...time to surprise the missus...

hotchef likes this.
  9. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

Good to see you boys talking about the big issues :D

10. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Yes.....I am thinking of maybe doing mine in silver with golden glitter. Keeping with the stackers theme.

11. Michael Stevens

Michael Stevens Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sounds painful; silver's very heavy....................or maybe you're into that kinda thing :eek:

12. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  13. Oddjob

Liz Warren Finishes In 5th Place In Pocahontas County, Iowa..............:D

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/05/liz-warren-iowa-caucus-pocahontas/

Mary Margaret Olohan Social Issues Reporter
    February 05, 2020 6:20 AM ET

2020 presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren finished in fifth place in Pocahontas County, Iowa.

The Iowa Democratic Party released the first partial vote count from Monday night’s Iowa caucuses Tuesday showing former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg holding a slight lead over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. The partial vote count also showed Warren, of Massachusetts, in fifth place in Pocahontas County, Iowa with all precincts reporting.

Buttigieg received 34% of the delegates in Pocahontas County, according to the Detroit Free Press, while Sen. Amy Klobuchar and former Vice President Joe Biden had 22%. Sen. Bernie Sanders took 10%, followed by Warren with 8%.

News of Warren’s placement in Pocahontas County comes after years of President Donald Trump calling Massachusetts senator “Pocahontas” — a reference to Warren’s claim that she has Cherokee ancestry. (RELATED: Democrats Sit Quietly As Republicans Cheer Women’s Unemployment Numbers)

Today Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas, joined the race for President. Will she run as our first Native American presidential candidate, or has she decided that after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 9, 2019

Warren has claimed throughout her academic career that she has Cherokee ancestry. She listed herself as “Native American” on a Texas state bar registration form in April 1986 and as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools directory from 1986 to 1994.

She taught at Harvard Law School before she became a politician, and as recently as 1996, the school referred to her as Harvard Law School’s only Native American professor.

The Massachusetts senator touted results of a genetic test showing that she had between 1/64th and 1/1024th Native American ancestry as vindication of her claims. Warren removed sections of her campaign website that showed results of the DNA test in August.

willrocks likes this.
  14. Michael Stevens

Michael Stevens Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It reads like the script of a Ben Stiller movie.........unreal!
    She's clearly a lifelong compulsive liar who can't help herself.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  15. Oddjob

Whilst everyone is looking at Covid-19 news, the UN quietly appointed China to the UN Human Rights Panel..

A quick google search shows no major media outlet (TV or print) except for FOX reporting on this...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-un-human-rights-council-coronavirus-response

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO2...op-un-human-rights-panel-sparking-protest.htm

China Joins Top UN Human Rights Panel, Sparking Protest
    Friday, 3 April 2020, 3:12 pm
    Press Release: UN Watch

[​IMG]
    ABOVE: Mr. Jiang Duan, who holds the rank of Minister at China's mission to the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva, will play a key role in selecting the world body's monitors on health, freedom of speech, arbitrary detention and enforced disappearances.
    China was appointed on Wednesday to a United Nations Human Rights Council panel where it will play a key role in picking the world body’s human rights investigators — including global monitors on freedom of speech, health, enforced disappearances, and arbitrary detention — in a move that has sparked protest by international human rights activists.

"Allowing China's oppressive and inhumane regime to choose the world investigators on freedom of speech, arbitrary detention and enforced disappearances is like making a pyromaniac into the town fire chief," said Hillel Neuer, executive director of UN Watch, a non-governmental human rights organization based in Geneva that closely monitors the 47-nation UN Human Rights Council, and a leader in speaking out at the UN for victims in China.

"It's absurd and immoral for the UN to allow China's oppressive government a key role in selecting officials who shape international human rights standards and report on violations worldwide," said Neuer.

China's appointment to the UNHRC's influential Consultative Group, comprised of only five nations, was announced in a letter submitted to the UNHRC on Wednesday by Oman on behalf of the Asian Group, and confirmed by a notice on the website of the UN human rights office.

By joining the UNHRC panel, China will be able to influence the selection of at least 17 UN human rights mandate-holders over the next year, known as special procedures, who investigate, monitor, and publicly report on either specific country situations, or on thematic issues in all parts of the world, such as freedom of speech and religion.

China will help vet candidates for the critical UN human rights posts — serving as Chair of the interview processes for at least five of the mandates — and help decide whom to recommend for appointment. In most cases, the council president appoints the experts selected by the 5-nation panel.

The appointment of China comes despite the fact that the government in Beijing is widely considered to commit gross and systematic violations of human rights affecting its 1.3 billion people.

"It's absurd for the UN to allow the Chinese regime, which as a matter of policy and practice arbitrarily detains human right defenders like Zhang Baocheng and Wang Binzhang, to help nominate the next two members of the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention," said Neuer.

"Likewise, at a time when China has forcibly disappeared citizens who express dissent like the executive Ren Zhiqiang, who called Xi a 'clown' over coronavirus response — as well as upwards of a 1 million Muslim Uyghur and minority group members — it is inconceivable that China would be allowed to influence the selection of the next member of the UN Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances," Neuer added.

"And how can China be involved in choosing the UN Special Rapporteur on the protection of freedom of opinion and expression, when the regime routinely imposes draconian censorship, and seeks to shut down dissenting voices?" asked Neuer.

"Finally, as the world is suffering from the deadly coronavirus pandemic that spread like wildfire in Wuhan while China silenced doctors, journalists and other citizens who tried to sound the alarm, by what logic can the Beijing regime be involved in choosing the UN's next global monitor on the right to health?"

"This is absurd, and China's appointment threatens to undermine the credibility of the UN's highest human rights body—which already counts Venezuela, Pakistan, Eritrea and Qatar among its elected members—and is liable to cast a shadow upon the United Nations as a whole."

"UN Watch calls on UN secretary-general Antonio Guterres and human rights chief Michelle Bachelet to denounce China's appointment, and to side with the country's human rights victims instead."

While officially China's delegate Mr. Jiang Duan, who holds the rank of Minister at their mission in Geneva, will serve on the 5-nation group in his "personal capacity," in practice country representatives, especially those from authoritarian regimes, follow instructions from and pursue the interests of their respective governments. Indeed, the Asian Group entitled its letter to the UN, "Nomination of the People's Republic of China to membership of the Consultative Group."

“The UN often describes the UN human rights experts as the ‘crown jewels’ of its Human Rights Council, yet the world body only undermines their legitimacy by picking an authoritarian regime that oppresses human rights activists, dissidents and minorities to preside over the experts’ appointment,” said Neuer.

© Scoop Media

16. Oddjob

Actually......you probably could make it up...Good luck to IMF in dealing with this tool. Please keep him in the US.

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/kevin-rudd-joins-imf-advisory-group-20200412-p54j44

Kevin Rudd joins IMF advisory group
    Apr 12, 2020 – 9.02am

Los Angeles | The former Australian prime minister has joined an International Monetary Fund external advisory group to tackle issues including the coronavirus and its global economic impact.

"Even before the spread of Covid-19 and the dramatic health, economic, and financial disruptions it has brought, IMF members confronted a rapidly evolving world and complex policy issues," IMF managing director Kristalina Georgieva said.

"To serve our membership well in this context, we need top-notch input and expertise from the widest range of sources, inside and outside the Fund.

"Toward this end, I am proud that an exceptional and diverse group of eminent individuals with high-level policy, market, and private sector experience has agreed to serve on my external advisory group."

The group's other members include former United Nations deputy secretary-general Lord Mark Malloch Brown, former Nigerian finance minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Monetary Authority of Singapore chairman Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor Kristin Forbes and Guggenheim Investments chief investment officer Scott Minerd.

Mr Rudd has held numerous international roles since resigning from Australian parliament in 2013, including senior fellow at Harvard University's John F Kennedy School of Government, the Center for Strategic and International Studies and president of the Asia Society Policy Institute.

The IMF, based in Washington DC, said the group will meet "a few times a year" with the IMF's managing director, deputy managing directors and a sub-set of IMF department directors.

AAP

madaw1 and Shaddam IV like this.
  17. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Rudd is an incomplete narcissist with anger management issues and he works for Beijing.

Holdfast, Skyrocket, solved and 2 others like this.
  18. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Well if i am correct this should be the correct thread for this, but if my missus is correct then you will ridicule me as well.
    I have had a couple of whinges here of late about how life is not going the way i would have liked and that is because of relationship issue.
    I claim she is lazy in the relationship and when i get upset about that she tells me that my reaction is unacceptable and anything she has done from secret mortgages to letting people in the house that have been banned gets pushed to one side because i am just being RIDICULOUS.
    Well she changed the rabbit litter box for our inside rabbit the other day , and while we have many litter boxes to choose from they need rinsed before being brought inside.
    So being that i call her lazy tell me what you think because this is what i saw this morning when i checked the rabbit.
    Now this was clean you see and it did not require that LITTLE bit of effort to use.
    20200414_110255.jpg
    Yes it is a seed raising tray that is effectively a sieve.
    Am i really being unreasonable to get upset that she used a sieve as a litter tray instead of quickly rinsing a proper SEALED tray?
    From where i am sitting , you really can't make this stuff up.

19. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think you need to see a marriage counsellor mate. Asking people who collect rocks for a living how to get along with your missus is a big mistake.

Michael Stevens and sterling-nz like this.
  20. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Not really advice, i just want to know what people think about the sieve as a litter box.
    I mean ffs , to me it is lazy as F , but i am being told i am being ridiculous.