You are wasting your money.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by sorry2say, Sep 22, 2014.

1. sorry2say

sorry2say New Member

I've been a personal investor for several years, sorry to say this but...PM's are a poor investment, and I've talked to many pm investors, ranging from the casual, to the "preppers" to the "gurus". Here are their arguments, and here is common sense.

1. You can make money.

Yes, you can make money, and you can also LOSE money as well. If you had bought silver in '03 when it was $5/oz, and sold it when it was $45 an ounce in 2011, you would of done pretty good.

But..if you bought it when it was 45 dollars an ounce, you would be rather sore right now, and would of had more money had you put it into savings.

2. It will be useful if the world ends, we get nuked, or any other type of SHTF stuff.

No. It won't.

For one, you can't eat it, and it don't really serve a purpose, and who will regulate it? Who becomes the chief trade expert and makes all the rules?

Okay, ounce of a silver for loaf of bread, sez who? I want .75 for mine.

How exactly do you get change, too? Heres an ounce of gold, I expect .924 ounces back, better get a hacksaw and a file, this might take a while.

3. You, nor can anyone else predict the price of it.

I've heard of "$100 silver" when silver was $5 an ounce, 11 years ago, and I still hear it today. Anyone who can predict the price is full of hot air.

You cannot eat silver, you cannot predict it's price, silver does not pay out dividends.

Sorry to say, but there is more money in stocks, and the whole idea is to make money selling it at a premium while duping people into buying it.

The pm dealers are laughing all the way to the bank.

2. bja

bja Member Silver Stacker

Why good morning mr troll

3. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not with that attitude! You are obviously unfamiliar with Indian sweets.

5. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

sorry2say, you can keep your stocks and I will keep my PM silver.

btw, in a SHTF scenario that you speak of PM's can be used to barter with whereas Stocks are completely useless and worthless.

6. graydragon

graydragon New Member

Must be my 401 k manager same guy who says your accounts performing well yeah maybe for him.
    but when it takes 6 years to get back where it was in 08 Im supposed to believe that's doing well
    crap I sure hate to see not so well.
    graydragon

7. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Thank you o great one for honoring us with your wisdom. :rolleyes:

As the first to recognize you Pikkiwoki, I would like my pig and coconuts.

http://archimedesend.blogspot.com/2010/04/papua-new-guinean-mud-god-pikkiwoki-is.html

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Troll doesn't necessarily = wrong.

Closed minded = ignorant

Ignoramuses are usually wrong. Not pointing a finger at anyone, just saying that ad hominem attacks do not equal an argument against a reasonable perspective/position.

9. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just a few corrections:

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Obviously the OP has no idea of coin prices or what to buy. :lol:

11. Sonic

Sonic New Member

"My opinion is better than anyone else's on this forum and so I am going to start an account to educate them all and show them the errors of their ways." As if we don't have enough zealot fanatic idiots in this world already. We already have people knocking on our door "Do you have a moment to talk about The Lord our savior?" Now we've got them joining forums that are the exact opposite of what they're all about because they think their opinion is so important they've gotta "educate" others on it. How would you like it if someone from here joined one of your paper stock forums and preached to everyone about how stupid they are for putting their faith into stocks and fiat paper while promoting precious metals? They'd probably be told to piss off right? Well, piss off.

Edit: so apparently if you type the word t-u-r-t-l-e in here it changes it to "turtle"? Lmao whose idea was that?

12. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you have been on this forum for any time at all you will have come across these arguments before, and individually they have been discussed in many threads.

I am not sure of the poster's goal of posting them all in one thread, probably trolling, but it is handy to review them from time to time anyway.

1. We all know that if you pick your own timeframe you can make silver look like the best or the worst performer that ever existed. This is pretty common, if you want to show how well it performs you pick one particular time frame and if you want to show how bad it is then you show another time frame. You can do this with anything. It would be handy to pick another commodity over the same time period (not gold) and that way you can compare the two, maybe everything was heading in the same direction over the time period, maybe silver was standing out from the crowd, maybe not. Either way, it is either a sales trick or lazy analysis.

2. Unless we go to the stone age people are going to be buying and selling things, shopkeepers might put prices up but if they don't sell it, they will go out of business. If the internet, phones, mobile phones and all newspapers dissapear then there is a good chance that people will not know the daily value of silver, if any of them survive then you can be fairly sure that important information will be available.

My smallest coin is a 50% predec 3 cent piece, that has to be worth 50cents, so I am not concerned with making change. Also consider that before easily divisible money, people ran accounts, you could be in credit or debt with a shop as long as it was managed. Not something that we are used to now but people are very resourceful.

3. There may be more money in stocks, we have a stocks subforum. There may be more money in real estate (do we still have a real estate forum?) there is money to be made in lots of places and many members exploit all these areas, moving from one area to another.

So nothing new really, not even presented in a new way, but still good to discuss it everynow and then

13. GF

GF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Quick....everybody stop buying PM's! (Might give me a chance to Buzz something awesome)

14. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This will only work if there are good deals being listed as well!

15. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bamaguy?

16. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

lol, could be... :lol:

17. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

18. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPDtTvh0k6c[/youtube]

19. Holdfast