XML feed for gold and silver prices?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Kerosene, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Kerosene

Kerosene New Member

Does anyone know where I can get a *free* xml/rss/atom feed of the current silver and gold spot price?

2. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

3. pmbug

pmbug Active Member

4. Kerosene

Kerosene New Member

I want it for some PHP stuff I'm doing. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any xml feeds from Kitco, it's only gif charts and apps.

Very nice. Daily AND historical data :)
    https://www.igolder.com/GoldData.as...urs=24&currency=AUD&tz=UTC&unit=oz&output=xml

Now.. to find one for silver.

5. havo

havo Member Silver Stacker

if you have linux you could "wget" a kitco page and then get the prices out of that perhaps...

6. GunsGoldGod

GunsGoldGod New Member

7. TheGoldExchange

TheGoldExchange New Member

Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem and would love some help from someone.

Recently I have opening up a store trading bullion. I have a spreadsheet displayed up on a tv connected to my pc which displays the prices of different types of bullion. I'm currently running excel 2007 and have 2 sheets. 1 sheet has all the margins and sheet 2 has the data input. So when I input the data on sheet 2 it drags it in the appropriate place on sheet 1. All working perfectly. BUT the problem is I have to manually update sheet 2 every hour or so as the bullion price changes so much and if I don't im at risk of losing money.

I'd like to set up a XML feed I've been trying a few different ones but they all seem inaccurate e.g. the free service http://www.xmlcharts.com/precious-metals.html
    When I add the XML to excel it puts out the price of gold at $1723 and when I go on XE it is $1730. I know the xml feed is only hourly, but when I look at the graph on XE the gold price within the hour never got down to $1723. AND the feed will not auto update every hour it will only update if I hit refresh in excel :(

Anyone have any suggestions or can think of a better way? I'm considering paying for an xml feed on http://xml.dgcsc.org/ where I get the price every 15 mins for $25 for a year.

Cheers,
    Sam

8. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Try openexchangerates.org http://openexchangerates.org/faq. Their FAQ says they'll be supporting Gold/Silver October this year. They have a free feed with some limitations.

9. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I actually have something done in PHP that pulls prices from somewhere every 30 mins. I think it was 24hgold that I pull from.

I remember another member did something on here I'll try and take a look.

Edit: Found it but the topic is gone?

Search for PHP as keyword and fishball as poster you'll see what I wrote with the code etc

10. bullionfrog

bullionfrog New Member Silver Stacker

Well, my understand as a programmer in one of the iBank:

If you want a live spot price feed you need to either have Bloomberg or Reuters account in order to get the MQ message.

And then you need to have a Market Data service sitting in background record all the feeds from above providers. Then you can use it anytime when making a quote etc.

However, there are some free services for daily close on demand (not subscribe).

And welcome back Mr. Fishball!!! Got time to meet up? Got questions to ask you, maybe give SLam a call and arrange a meet up sometime?

Froggy

11. GunsGoldGod

GunsGoldGod New Member

I was personally using the free one quite some time, but it's only updated once daily and that didn't satisfied me. So i changed to the premium Precious Metals XML Price Feed and can now report after using it for more than 1 year - i am completely happy with it!!

Greets