WWII Fighter Planes set

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Hellcat6, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

I have never been a fan of the "painted coins" or rounds. But I do love aviation history and always found the Perth WWII Fighter Planes set to be very attractive. Released in 2008, the mintage for the set was just 1500. Seems that the P51 Mustang piece was the only one released separately and can still be found starting at about $88 US. But my searches on eBay seemed to show that there had not been a complete set listed since 2011 (if I did that correctly). So last week I caught a buy it now auction for $399.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261286872581?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I think original issue price for the set was about $349 so not much of a gain in value unless this one was listed low. What do you all think? Decent buy? Thanks, Drew

2. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Buy it if you like it--wont go up though. Have seen them for sale here--put up a WTB here or ask Maggie

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

4. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

Robert400 has some nice plane sets for sale including the WW11 planes. The gilded antanoz are realy nice

5. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Thanks all for the links. I have contacted Robert400 about the set he has listed for sale. Right now, waiting for the resolution of a dispute I had to file on the same set of planes that I purchased on eBay. That seller had a good looking track record but didn't send the set, didn't update auction info after the purchase and has never responded to any of my messages. My first time getting stiffed on eBay, not a good feeling.