Wuhan virus outbreak

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgbuyer, Jan 22, 2020.

1. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

10 Steps to Survive a Global Pandemic. 22,289 views 25 Jan 2020.
    Canadian Prepper website. 314,000 subscribers. (including me).

STKR likes this.
  2. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

61 year old doctor in wuhan who was treating the infected died few hours ago, and there are reports 11 nurses are sick with 2 in critical condition.

Since doctors and nurses are healthy people without other chronic health issues like the elderly who have died so far RIP, this virus will likely get more dangerous. Also as a virus there won’t be a cure or even a vaccine for many months.

Stock up on food and medication (insulin etc) if this virus becomes more lethal as it mutates, it could be 2020 Spanish Flu.

With up to two weeks of incubation period and contagious infected people walking around and healthy before symptoms this virus is likely already in every major city around the world already.

Sydney for example with 3 direct flights a week from Wuhan (200 average a plane, 3 flights a week for four weeks is 2400). Which means thousands of people come direct from Wuhan with potentially few who were infected and could be back in wuhan after a holiday. Numbers not including people that likely flew in by via hub like Beijing/HK/Singapore connecting flight to Sydney

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    sgbuyer likes this.
  3. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lucky Bill Gates warned us all about this exact situation. Promoting lighter regulations for vaccines so they can be produced in a shorter time frame to be able to deal with such a crisis. The same Bill Gates who calls for population control and claims that we can reduce the population through vaccines...

I'm not suspicious.

Skyrocket, yuripuka, madaw1 and 3 others like this.
  4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The situation is worst than the official media portrays. I knew something was wrong when the PRCs bought up all the surgical masks when I looked for them on Thursday. They know what's going on through private Wechat groups where they share information privately.

The fact that China is closing down public transportation and access into and out of 10 cities of 40 million people, and all 10,000 cinemas in the whole of China have been closed just shows the severity of the epidemic. This never happened during SARS, not even close.

The economic impact is already there. I think the stock and gold market might be behind.

5. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"New research on the Wuhan coronavirus has found the virus may be present in the lungs of individuals with no obvious symptoms, making strict quarantine and contact-tracing regimes crucial to preventing the number of cases from reaching the scale of the 2003 Sars outbreak.
    Without close surveillance, these patients – described by researchers as “cryptic cases of walking pneumonia” – could prove to be yet another factor in the dangerous trajectory of the Wuhan virus, with the number of infections and countries affected rising rapidly."

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...ina-coronavirus-carriers-may-show-no-symptoms Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 9.23.20 am.png

STKR likes this.
  7. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pinky and the Brain!

Oddjob likes this.
  8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australia has confirmed 4 cases by Chief Medical Officer Dr Kerry Chant.

Non flew on the direct Wuhan to Sydney flights but via hubs Asia from Wuhan earlier in the year. None showed symptoms when arriving, some arrived before widespread news of the virus and was going about their business or holiday when they felt sick and went to doctors.

Sydney 3 people confirmed to have the coronavirus.
    Melbourne 1 person confirmed

4 people in South Australia are also being tested for the virus

9. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

HAHA you upset someone enough to get the comment deleted. I just hope you know HIV was not caused by bestiality but has distinct laboratory origins.

10. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So, stay clear of Yum Cha restaurants over Chinese New Years? :eek:

leo25 likes this.
  11. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Many years back I read two books (and still have them) by a controversial Sydney radio presenter Brian Wilshire (Note a couple of these books were sold / traded on SS no so long ago). Anyhoo, your reference to HIV and laboratory origins reminded me that such has been noted by said author in his second book back in the mid 90's.

Google search: World Health Organization 1972 bulletin page 259

JOHNLGALT and 66rounds like this.
  12. 66rounds

The similarities between HIV and SIV (ape virus) were due to the human virus being cultivated in ape cell culture for lab harvesting. Bush meat is just a convenient cover. If you look at Ebola which actually has origins in human consumption of bush meat you can see the significant difference in latency period (days/weeks vs years). Very few viruses in nature (cant think of any off the top of my head) have a latency period as long as HIV (engineered to go unnoticed)

madaw1 and leo25 like this.
  13. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Here is the WHO HOME PAGE for starters, it might help anyone if they know how to search that website.
    p.s. Face Masks are optional.
    p.p.s. By the way I saw a video put on my watch list, that this new virus was spread by snakes,
    however I never watched the video, you may want to GGLE it.
    https://www.who.int/csr/en/

14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

15. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was visiting Box Hill in Melbourne today and so many Chinese people there are wearing surgical masks in the street.

I actually hope that the Japanese habit of wearing a mask in public when you have a cold or flu catches on (pardon the pun) here in Australia, I think that it's a sensible idea.

sterling-nz and leo25 like this.
  16. pi

pi Member Silver Stacker

Please keep in mind those surgical masks and P2 type masks are to protect people from you, not to protect you from others.
    They also don’t provide a full seal around the face for most people.
    To protect yourself properly you would need a respirator with the appropriate filters.
    Hopefully it doesn’t come to that stage but certainly something to think about.

sterling-nz, Shaddam IV and 66rounds like this.
  17. 66rounds

If it gets that bad then its time to bug out of the cities.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  18. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the reality on the ground, 450 military doctors heading there to Wuhan-the epic centre on CNY-eve

20. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hear. Hear. An excellent habit to encourage.

BTW I purchased a box of P2 masks pre-Bushfire Season as I was expecting the sort of thing that's happened - actually I was expecting it to be worse, but it's still just the start of summer (ie 22 Dec, not 1 Dec which was introduced back in convict days for easy bureaucratic reference. Bureaucrats, destroying the natural order! )

The shelf was fairly full, and I visited 3 days ago to get another box for spare AND the cupboard was bare, as they say. I expect that it was just slack stocking by Bunnings and not indicative, but I've been seeing a lot more 'Asian people' in masks on the streets of Melbourne, which is likely appropriate since the news reports we have a confirmed case of this new plague now in Melbourne.

For anyone who is wondering why the P2 label, apparently this is the only mask (short of respirator gear mentioned above) that will remove smoke particle and chemicals from the air we breathe, and this includes the various bugs that are airborne. From memory my box of masks was near to $30 for 25.

I've appreciated the masks a couple of times so far, and I hope I don't need them again but it's good for my peace of mind. Next purchase is an air purifier. I've had lung issues in the past and I'm also fond of the phrase: "one is none, two is one and three is a spare")

leo25, Shaddam IV and sgbuyer like this.