Wuhan Quarantine - the biggest quarantine in history

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by TreasureHunter, Jan 28, 2020.

1. dross

dross Active Member

Australian scientists are rejoicing that they now have a sample of the virus as the Chinese Govt refused to give it to anyone else to work on. The Australians have sent copies to all the leading institutions to help work on a vaccine. On another note the typical Chinese idea of general health and hygiene practices is not what most in the west consider clean or safe. Go to a wet market where they are cutting up mixed species with the same knifes on the same surfaces (sometimes the sidewalk) without cleaning in between or even wearing gloves, spitting on the ground etc. etc. etc. It's not an individual thing but more the social norm, hopefully this will prompt the Govt to do more education or people change their habits but i highly doubt either will happen.

Sterling i live in a high Asian population & they always pick up prod & poke at all the foods (fruit, veg, meat, bread, cakes) in the supermarket, before all this it made me angry but if you were to say anything all you'd hear are the voices calling you a racist. The thing is if its a non Asian I feel the same way & have told them off & was applauded, no one was be upset about that.

heartastack likes this.
  2. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

That's all a sign of intelligence. Didnt you know asians were the smartest race of people?
    Poking the food helps their math skills.

3. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If such persons are going to take offense to you highlighting a health safety issue, then try another tact and have some fun with it. Walk up to them and just simply say "My apologies, I just accidentally sneezed over all this fruit and veg".....cough and walk away, then wait to see what they do. :D

dross and sterling-nz like this.
  4. dross

dross Active Member

Oddjob before this current issue they would take it I'm saying their "dirty" & most don't speak very much English for it to be fun but i get what your saying. I don't care about race, religion, politics, sex etc an inconsiderate self absorbed jerk is just that however we are so caught up in this political correctness BS that we allow this kind of thing to happen in the first place, simply gives me the gripes.

sterling-nz and Oddjob like this.
  5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

I dont even know if we could consider this a quarantine. Its already spread around the globe.

The chinese have a history of killing their own so the lockdown there isnt really out of the ordinary.
    Next we will hear they are using infected organs to do transplants.
    Sounds about right!

6. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

^
    They are probably going to use infected blood for transfusions. There are rumors about people grabbing used face masks from the trash and putting them on(!).
    Of course, rumors will be rumors and there's also plenty of fake news. Many will use this to demonize China and sadly, there are many cases of racism in Europe already.

The trends are disgusting.

7. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Came across this interesting video - it's good to prepare in time, we could face a pandemic:

They wouldn't have quarantined millions if it were a "mere" SARS/zyka-like issue. This is far worse. THEY KNOW IT. And there's plenty they're not telling us.

Cruise ships are quarantined too.

It's mad how 95-99 % of the people quarantined on boats, in cities are actually HEALTHY, but they're being forced to stay together with the ill.
    This is like the middle ages with the plague quarantines.

Get ready to protect yourself.

8. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker