WTS..Silver for sale...but not at spot

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by bigsky, Apr 4, 2020.

1. HudsonDesign

HudsonDesign Active Member Silver Stacker

I can confirm this, I get a lot of stuff delivered for work, and every single parcel pretty much the last month or so has had the scan in logged then nothing until they are delivered (to me or anyone im sending to).

I have also had 4 deliveries in a fortnight that had multiple packages in the delivery, only have half the delivery turn up locally and the postie let me know he had half but could not actually deliver them until he had all of a specific delivery. They eventually all turned up but it has happened with EVERY multi package delivery so far this month.

So its seems, that Auspost, is not actually scanning packages at all once they are initially logged. And knowingly doing so as a policy. Which is beyond stupid. Especially at a time they are not getting customer signatures, one would imagine it was even more important to scan the items properly. If you consider it, if all packages were scanned properly, and delivered without loss and on time, then signatures would not even be needed really. The signature process is only really there to protect people against dodgy shenanigans by the postal service losing or stealing packages, so at a time they are basically refusing to do signatures it should be even more important to scan correctly...

All that aside all of our packages have been late for the last month, even when Auspost made assurances that nothing was late in their network, so all I am assuming is because the post is all late and a big mess currently, they maybe put a policy in place to not scan items, so people dont complain when they get stuck at some place for longer than usual.

However, they are repeatedly losing parts of deliveries, and things are obviously a mess and late. Again imo scanning becomes a necessity. I think they should be smacked over the whole situation, but unfortunately until it really starts to disrupt people, the gov wont care, just because they have bigger issues to deal with. But if they start taking on medication deliveries etc and keep this kind of nonsense up they might get some attention then....

Ivykoin, 66rounds and bigsky like this.
  2. Feduptryingnames

Feduptryingnames Member

Update my package is now showing processed at Melbourne instead of Ballarat.

3. SouthCoastSilver

SouthCoastSilver Active Member

I had a package posted to me in NSW, from QLD. Sent on Monday, received on the Tuesday 8 days later, the only tracking that showed up was in the morning the day of the delivery

4. bigsky

bigsky Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the heads up James...its great that it is moving

I think that it will go thru melbourne airport and fly over west...ballarat I think would be if
    it went by road...anyway good news....at least I know that they are at the distribution centre

cheers grant

5. SteelHand

SteelHand Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've had the same from a package sent from an eBay seller. Scanned in at VIC, then 7 days later updates to "Coming today". I've also had a package sent from Subiaco here in Perth take 5 days to travel 32km, or roughly an hour's drive to my house. Once again, not updated until "Coming today"

I've since gotten a PO box to make life easier.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  6. bigsky

bigsky Active Member Silver Stacker

Well they are all at least processed now...it must be chaos in there....

They were all express and all sat there for at least 2 days before even
    being processed...one in a major country victorian location is out for delivery
    today....the others all look now like they are still in transit and wont be delivered
    until next week now...I dont like metal sitting around over easter...thats why I made
    sure i got everything off on monday and it all went express...

Anyway its looking better than yesterday...i was worried yesterday morning

cheers grant

66rounds and Silverling like this.
  7. Yankee101

Yankee101 Member

I can confirm that the entire Australia Post system is a mess.

A package sent from a few suburbs away from us took 8 days and no updates until it was placed in our mailbox.

A registered and insured package from Adelaide has been sitting in Adelaide since Monday afternoon and all that shows up on AP's website is: "Item processed at facility" No updates at all.

A purchase from the USA is now well into the second week and I expect that it will take another two weeks to get here. Yeah, that most likely isn't AP's fault, but given how long even ordinary mail is taking welll..................

And finally, according to Australia Post's website mail from Japan is taking 2 - 4 weeks so I'll have something to look forward to in a month or so!!!